Another question

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Another question

Postby psych » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:39 am

i really need to know what people think about something. if you've had bad parents, will you make a bad parent yourself?
pm or post thnx
sav
psych
New Shannen Fan

Another question

Postby emelie2 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:48 pm

No u dont have to follow their footsteps!!
But i think it can be hard thow..
I dont think ull know... My fathers dad wasent easy to live with, and my father do exactly the same too me.. i dont think he want to or mean it thow.. but he dosent now that hes treating me exactly the same! Image
Thats the hardest part...
All thing uve learned in life is from ur parents and in most cases you take after the bad things ur parents did or do not the gd 1s...
But i really think that everyone on this earth can be a gd parent!!Image
And i no that u can be one!

So keep up youre good faith!
And God Bless
Take care!
Love/Em

hope u understand my point here Image Image my english sucks and i am trying my best to explain.. Image Image
emelie2
Shannen Wanna Be

Another question

Postby mooomin » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:56 pm

No way, if you have bad parents this does not make you one! If you think your parents are bad when you have kids you will probably try your hardest to raise your kids differently to how they raised you. Like Emelie said everyone can be a good parent!! Image
Btw whats the matter Sav that seems like a sad post Image Whats up. Pm me if ya want. Hope you feel better!
Holly xx
mooomin
Shannen Wanna Be

Another question

Postby psych » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:06 pm

ure english is fine em, i'm just worrying, that i'mnot a gud parent that's all. social have bin on by back, i just want the best for mandy. if thats not me, then thats wot i have to do.
Last edited by psych on Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psych
New Shannen Fan

Another question

Postby filmkeep89 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:21 pm

When someone has bad parents, it's sometimes hard on the child because they don't know how a normal family functions and how "good" parents should act. But as long as you are patient and understanding with your kids, when you have them, I think you'll be fine.
Last edited by filmkeep101 on Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filmkeep89
New Shannen Fan

Another question

Postby angelictearz84 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:49 pm

I didn't read anyone's replies, so forgive me for any repeats.

Having "bad" parents does not automatically make you a "bad" parent also. You can choose to follow in their footsteps and make their mistakes, or you can choose to learn from their mistakes and do things differently. The choice is ultimately yours. Having an alcoholic parent, abusive parent, parent that smokes, etc exposes you to the lifestyle you could follow, or the mistakes you choose not to make in your life.

That's just my opinion. I know this from personal experience (some my own, some from ppl I know)
angelictearz84
Shannen Wanna Be

Return to Need Help?