England's Riotting

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

England's Riotting

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi Guys

I am sure most of you will have heard about the devastating fires started last week in London which have now spread to several English cities in the UK. i just wanted to start a thread on it offer support and thoughts to people effected. Some of the looters that are smashing shop and car windows are only boys of 12 yrs old.It's real sad to watch on the news, how can people do that to their community?.

It's worrying that it's now spreading to several English cities too. I certainly hope it doesn't come up here to north of the border into Scotland.

It's a shameful disgrace what's happening, just so so sad

Thought and prayers to everyone caught up in this
Last edited by Sarah-Lucy on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Re: England's Burning

Postby PrudenceGemini » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Hey i actually live in the area of it in birmingham right by it theyre supposed to loot my area tonight apparently and my brother is stuck in Handsworth where the police station was set on fire its so scary knowing that theyre likely to smash up ur area and atm im falling asleep to sirens and helicopters not that great but what can ya do x
The Life Not Lived Is The One Recommended
PrudenceGemini

Postby shell » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:13 pm

The closet city to me is Nottingham and its starting there now too. I have herd that there have been disterbences in Nottingham.

I do live quite far away from Nottingham for walking distance, but its only 30 mins away by car and 40 mins by bus. When I go to Nottingham by bus sometimes it goes through the area of Nottingham that has been effected.

I want to go to Nottingham one day, but not soon like I wanted now this has all started. Nottingham is the only closet place where I get some of the things I buy as my town doesn't have them.

I have seen on the news some of the other places that have been effected by all this. I don't feel as safe walking out my own house anymore and walking into town on my own. :(
shell

Postby PrudenceGemini » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

My mom wont even let me go to the library 15 minutes away cuz its too dangerous x
PrudenceGemini

Postby shell » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:21 am

Nottingham got more of it last night.

5 police stations have been attacked by petrol bombs. Claredon College just outside the city has been seriously damaged by the petrol bombs from what I have read.

Its not the college I go to, but if all this moves out of Nottingam my college wont stand a chance and its just had a new Creative Arts Block built in the last year which susposed to open next month. Its where I should be but if it gets damaged I don't think I will be there. Its the new block for Media, Music and Performing Arts students. :( Its cost the college a lot of money to get that built so I am hoping what's happening doesn't spread into the towns.

Shops and pubs in surounding area's that are just outside the city were also damaged.
shell

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 pm

^ Shell i saw it on the news last night, it's so so sad. when is it going to end. i also watched on the tv the looting in Manchester city centre. i have never seen anything like it. i feel it's out of hand now. it's really scary. i would so hate to be caught up in it all.

i certainly hope your area is peaceful tonight guys
Sarah-Lucy

Re: England's Riotting

Postby PrudenceGemini » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks but all i have heard the past day or so is sirens and helicopters tbh im glad i have this website and my fanfic to distract me everything else is to do with the riots x
PrudenceGemini

Postby shell » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi. Sarah - Lucy. Nothing happening where I am as I live out of the city which I am happy about and away from those areas that are just outside the city that also got effected, but I bet Nottingham is going to get more tonight. What will be next.

I herd from my mum ealier the beach they make in the middle of the city centre has been damaged by people and that's always been popular this time of year with familes and people who just want to have a few drinks at the bar they put there too.

I havn't seen how much its been damaged. It wasn't going to be put there this year too, but people wanted it there by high demand that its always busy with people and now that it is there its been damaged. :(

I had to find out what happened to Nottingham by going on the BBC news website as we don't get East Midlands News on our TVs and its our local news.
shell

Postby PrudenceGemini » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:59 pm

You are so lucky to live out of the way Shell its frustrating these riots my mom said its to dangerous for me to even go to the doctors its horrible x
PrudenceGemini

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:10 pm

The most saddest thing is kids like 9 years old are a part of this riot. Children should stay out of it and parents shouldn't EVEN be allowing their children to be a part of it. There's no reason for it.

Kristin Marie
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Coffee House