Shannen Doherty weds new reality series

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Shannen Doherty weds new reality series

Postby Dianna » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm

She’s back: Shannen Doherty is returning to TV as the star of her own reality series. Cameras will follow the former 90210 star and her fiancé, celebrity photographer Kurt Iswarienko, as they plan their wedding in a new WEtv unscripted show.

The project will chronicle Doherty as she manages all the hectic aspects of preparing for her new marriage (meeting with wedding planners, choosing a venue, and of course, saying yes to a dress) while also renovating her Malibu home.

“People will see a side of Shannen they never expected to see,” says WEtv executive John Miller, who was sold on the concept after watching a pitch tape by Doherty and producers showing the actress “unfiltered, honest and vulnerable.”

In addition to appearing in both the 1990s and 2008 update of 90210, Doherty has co-starred in the shows North Shore and Charmed. Celebrity relationship docu-soaps have proven popular on cable, best demonstrated by none other than Doherty’s former 90210 co-star Tori Spelling over on Oxygen. If all goes according to plan, Doherty’s as-yet-untitled series will premiere in January and its first season finale will show the couple’s wedding. (Top that, Tori & Dean.)

But will viewers also flock to see Doherty once the honeymoon’s over?
“I would watch her go to a supermarket,” Miller says. “She’s insanely compelling.”

Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/20/shann ... ity+series
Dianna
Site Admin

Re: Shannen Doherty weds new reality series

Postby adunbar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 pm

BEST NEWS EVER!!!! So excited for her, I think she has truly found her soulmate in Kurt. CANT WAIT to watch!
adunbar
New Shannen Fan

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 pm

wow what an amazing surprise which no-one would have predicted this to be done live on tv. have just been on twitter and holly is even tweeting about it too. i am so so happy for shannen, she sure deserves life-long happiness and i am quite sure Kurt will be a loving gentleman to her.

i would really like to see this series so i am hoping that it gets uploaded so we all can view it.

any more updates though on this if people can keep us informed please.

i am really made up for shannen though, bless :) :)
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby shell » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:33 pm

This is really great news. :)

I have read it to on Twitter and many different websites that people have found and tweeted them.

I hope the series gets uploaded too for us fans who don't live in the USA. That would be great. :D

I agree with what Sarah Lucy. ;)
shell

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm more excited about this than my own birthday!
Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass; of glory in the flower. Well will grieve not rather find strength in what remains behind.
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Postby Dianna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 am

I absolutely can't wait to see this show! I haven't been this excited about any reality show in a long time!
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby shell » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:19 am

I havn't been this excited in a while too. :D
shell

Postby Mercedes-Doherty » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

really can't wait!!! im happy for Shannen , and hope news soon!!! :D
MerceAndShannen Dianna, may can you reply to my recently PM that i sent?thanks!
Mercedes-Doherty
*ShAnNeN's GiRl*

Postby kido » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 am

can't wait, it's something that i really wanted to see, but it's surprise that shannen and kurt do this!
Stick to you guns!
kido
Shannen Fanatic

Postby kido » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:45 pm

SHANNEN DOHERTY RETURNS TO TELEVISION IN NEW, ONE-HOUR

ORIGINAL WE TV SERIES

Premieres First Quarter 2012 on WE tv

NEW YORK, NY – July 21, 2011 – WE tv announced today it has greenlit a new, one-hour original series centered around actress Shannen Doherty (Charmed, Beverly Hills 90210), tentatively titled The Shannen Doherty Project. The eight-part series will showcase Shannen’s relationship with photographer Kurt Iswarienko as they meld and intertwine their dynamic lives. Viewers will witness the challenging, comical, and dramatic moments that ensue when two people – with two different backgrounds – come together, bringing along their own sets of opinionated friends and family. Their complicated, and often hilarious, journey also includes wedding preparations, a house tragedy that may end in lawsuits, and the next chapter of the actresses burgeoning career.

The series begins production in August and will premiere in first quarter 2012 on WE tv.

Commented John Miller, WE tv’s senior vice president, original productions & development:

“Shannen’s relationships and life experiences make her a riveting personality to watch. This is an opportunity for audiences to get a rare sneak peek into the real Shannen, who has been notorious about guarding her private life. Her situations are fam iliar and is what will make this series stand apart from other celeb-reality shows. It’s what WE tv does best – present stories that showcase the wild ride of modern day life from a woman’s perspective.”

The Shannen Doherty Project (wt) is produced for WE tv by RelativityREAL and No Apologies Productions. Executive producers for WE tv are John Miller and Kathleen Farrell.
Stick to you guns!
kido
Shannen Fanatic

Next

Return to Shannen News