Advice please!!!

Got some questions you would like to ask Shannen? This is the place to post them! Shannen will answer as many as she can. She will also posting in this section with news on her career. Please read the rules before posting your question. Thank you.

Advice please!!!

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:32 am

Hello Ms. Doherty
First thing I would like to say is I am a huge fan and have been every since I heard of beverly hills 90210!! I was born when that show came on!! Anyways, ur performance in that show and in charmed has made me want to become an actresses. Seriously when u did BUrning PAssions I cried!! Ur the perfect part for the role. Anyways again, my parents have told me that I would be great as an actresses but should stay with my other passion which is music!! So u see I am torn and not sure what I should do! I love music but I watch all these movies like cat on the hot tin roof and I believe I am Maggie the cat!! But when I play music I seriously feel joy and free from life and growing up. I'm in college and going to end my freshman year in may, u have to register in a few days. Should I stick with music or go with the chance and take acting and drama classes or even both?
Hope to hear from u! U have a giant amount of respect for u!! And would love ur advice!!on

One of ur biggest fan
Katie!! Aka ch ch ch ch ch cherry bomb!
"though nothing can bring back the hour if splendor in the grass of glory in the flower we will grieve not rather find strength in what remains behind""
Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass; of glory in the flower. Well will grieve not rather find strength in what remains behind.
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Re: Advice please!!!

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 am

Thank you so much for ur advice. Do u know if Ms. Doherty goes on here anymore??? I would be FLABBERGASTED IF SHE REPILED!!
Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass; of glory in the flower. Well will grieve not rather find strength in what remains behind.
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Postby shaed412 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 am

I am also not Shannen, but I am 31 and have been through some years of college, and unfortunately changed my major so many times, that I've kind of exhausted all possibilities of settling into my ultimate goal of becoming a teacher, plus being older now, it's harder to become a teacher bc they'd rather hire younger people. Anyway, enough about me, what I suggest is trying a bit of both. You're young, still and if you see which one works out better for you now, you can kind of settle in on that one thing. You might find that both are equally the same for you, and maybe make a dual study out of it. I don't have the greatest advice, cept don't ever give up on your dreams.

Also, Cherry Bomb as in "The Runaways" aka, the movie with Dakota Fanning? I love that movie!!!
shaed412
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:25 am

Oh thank for ur advice too!!! Omg is that u with shannen??? U actually met her!! Omg!! I think I would die!! What was she like?? My life and whole year would be complete if I got to meet her or if she even messages me back!! No joke!!! Well again thank you for the advice!!
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Postby shaed412 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:49 pm

you are welcome for the advice and I hope that it all works out for you. Yes that is Shannen with me in the picture. That was the second time I've gotten the chance to meet her, and it was equally as amazing as the first time. I met her in 2004 in NY at a talk show. She was sweet enough to come off stage and hug me and sign a picture that I had brought with me. I didn't have a camera phone back than and you weren't allowed to bring an actual camera into the studio, but I have it on tape and you can see my head...lol. The second time I met her was in Nov. of 2010 at a book signing up north of where I live. She was amazing as always, super sweet and very genuine with all her fans. She posed for pictures for everyone who wanted one. I gave her another hug and she even said she remembered me from NY and had written that in my book, as well. Shannen is my forever role model and anyone who is lucky enough to encounter her should feel more than blessed. I hope that all of her fans have the same oppts as I have.
shaed412

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:08 pm

That is truly amaZing really and ur incredibly lucky!!! I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet shannen Doherty. But right now since I live in the worst place in the world I guess I'll have to wait a while longer or just move in with my sister in L.A!!! But another question, doesn't shannen come in here much??? It would make my year if she responses!!!!!!
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Postby cherrybomb2010 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Omg that is exciting!!! I can't wait, I'll be checking this thing everyday!!!
-WW
cherrybomb2010
New Shannen Fan

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 pm

welcome to the boards cherrybomb :)

just hold onto to your dreams and don't let anyone put you off along the way. Shannen is a great role model to all of us :)
Sarah-Lucy

Next

Return to Q&A With Shannen Doherty