I have a problem with my stomach

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

I have a problem with my stomach

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Hey guys

I just wanted to know that I have been having stomach problems( I have been burping and belching, cramp, constipated, constant bloating, and not feel like eating and not to mention the lack of sleep I am getting. My mom said I burp at night, while I'm sleeping...She can hear me across the hall.) since November. I have been on so many over the counter medicines and went to see my primary doctor, who first thought it was IBS and then it was acid reflex..and I was on projec and nexuim and that didn't help me. so my doctor had me do a barium test which showed I had Ulce...so finally I went to see a Gasterologist who was baffled to where my gallbladder is...I keep pointing to my left side, because that where the pain is at...so had me do a blood test hoping I have H. Pylori...sadly, that was ruled out.

Then I had Endoscope done and there was nothing in the stomach at all. So yesterday I had ultrasound done and they found that I have gallstone...I am not sure if its the same gallstone that the cardiologist in CA caught...or I may have more.

I'm so glad I know what it is and now I understand where all the burping, belching, not eating well, the cramp, pain, the bloating of the stomach and all that stuff....Now I have headaches...there not pounding...strange ones. I always had a feeling it was the gallbladder...

Now with work...I went to work after I had the test done, I felt I can...well I went over to the Medical Office Building..and that was at 9.00 or something and told everyone the news and then I went downstairs to the Employee Health were I volunteer on Tuesday Mornings...and the nurse spoke with me

This is what I got from her: " this is a medical facility where sick people come to get better( I guess she means the hospital as well..who the hell knows)..and when people come to the office they don't want to hear us burping, belching..that doesn't look good for us..Maybe you can find a place where its quiet( she said go to another office) and your not around many people. I know its not your fault that your burping and belching..its doesn't look good for the this office, because we are here to help people get better( I mean they see Employee ONLY and half of them I know and know I'm not well..I haven't been well since November, HELLO) We'll see you when you get back." She WOULD NOT let me stay there...I had another hour...it was only 11 o clock...she at least could have allowed me to stay till 12...when I'm done, but no...All I got was a hug and good bye we'll see you when you get back.. She didn't wish me luck, didn't say, oh, keep in touch and let us know what happened....We'll see about that...

When I told my mom what happened, she thinks someone must have complained to the nurse..Because what I don't get why wait till NOW to tell me...why tell me a week ago or the week before last...I mean, DUH!

ARG!! I should have listened to my mother when she gave me an option of still going to work or not..I should have gone to work..

So I'm taking a leave of absence for, I don't know how long...depending on finding a doctor that takes medicaid( my mom has list of doctors and she'll call when the offices are open) and I have to meet with the surgeon and because I'm on blood thinners, I have to stay off of baby asprin for a week so its out of my system...And I don't know if it will be open gallbladder surgery( I guess it depends how severe it is.) or laposcopy.

I didn't tell anyone at work what the EH nurse told me I just sent e-mails to my boss and told her that I decided it was best to take a LOA for awhile and I hated how this belching, burping is taking control of what I love to do.

I will keep you all posted on what happens.

Kristin Marie
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Re: I have a problem with my stomach

Postby Mercedes-Doherty » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Im sad for listen it Kristin, but, i say you one thing, be patient!and strong!! ,i had problems with the stomach too and again go to the medichs ,i had a problems with the food during 3 years!the stomach needs time, and if you has changed some thing of your live, probably your stomach needs adapt to the rutine . and 1º of all, go to you medich yet! he will detected your problem ;) , i had experiences with the stomach too , you have a friend with who talk :) and good lucky !!!!i know that that's hard :(
MerceAndShannen Dianna, may can you reply to my recently PM that i sent?thanks!
Mercedes-Doherty
*ShAnNeN's GiRl*

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 pm

poor you kris, that's awful. people who work in hospitals and medical centres should be sympathetic don't you think. i had a little problem awhile ago too at my work where i kept letting of wind excessively so i went to my doctor. it was all a big standing joke with my colleagues of course but it was very embarrassing as i had no control over it. i am better now though.

if you aren't getting the support from your work then tell them would they prefer you to be off on the sick?. i work in a medical centre and the patients get cared for very well it's just the staff who don't LOL. i have never been off at all in 10 years but i am not thought of anymore for it. so you take care of myself and don't give two hoots to your work if they are being uncaring.
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 pm

We found a surgeon

His name is Dr. Frank Powell...I know him...I have met him numerous time and he's really nice..there's him, his dad and his brother who are all doctors...

Mom and I meet with him on the 11th and he'll scheduled surgery for me. It will be in my hospital..Piedmont Newnan Hospital. He said he doesn't like doing out patient because he rather his patients stay over night...And I guess its depending on what I have, Laposcopy or open gallbladder..I wonder if it depends on how BIG it is.

Will let you know when the date is

Kristin
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:21 pm

how did you get on kris on friday? :)
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Kristin Marie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:27 pm

I have to have a CT scan done

Dr. Powell wants to be sure its not my kidney, or ovaries...he wants to be certain before taking out my gallbladder. He wants to know why I have pain on my left side. That is the big question and what doctors are not getting. It was Dr. Lucas who said it was the gallbladder hence why my other test didn't happen. Seeing as Dr. Powell is a surgeon, he wants to be certain...I understand that know, I couldn't UNDERSTAND at first..

My CT is scheduled for March 3, Hopefully Medicaid can approve it sooner and I don't have to wait till March...

Kristin Marie
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 pm

^ what a time of it you are having kris. hopefully you will get some answers one you have had the CT scan and you can be given treatment. take care. ;)
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Kristin Marie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:04 pm

I have another update: CT test is till March 3 and why they are doing that is beyond me. I KNOW its not my other organs, its my gall bladder..I know my own body.

Next week is a big day and again I wait. My appointment is 9 in the morning and how long it will be..I hope its over in an hour...and I'm hoping I get result soon...then I have to meet with the surgeon again to discuss the surgery

Because I'm on Medicaid( and blood thinners too) They have to approve the surgery..takes 14 days to go through...and then I have to be off of baby aspirin..I get I'll stop that once I know when the surgery will be..my mother and I figured it will be at the end of March, beginning of April

I am so drained. Last night I didn't fall asleep till 1.30 in the morning and then got up early and started cleaning my bedroom and did the laundry...Now I want to sleep..LOL!!

I feel like I am on this roller coaster and I want to get off of it, but I can't...All I do is go around and around. I have been going around in circles since November and now we are in March..or going to be and its been 5 months

I have been hearing MORE people with my problems...that they have been burping and belching and they were fine after they had there gallbladder taken out.

Kristin Marie
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:46 pm

poor you kris, what a time you are having. i wish you all the best for your surgery next week, fingers crossed. you are in the best place to get better just keep telling yourself that :) :)
Sarah-Lucy

Next

Return to Coffee House