[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Reading Shannen's Book

Reading Shannen's Book

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Re: Reading Shannen's Book

Postby shell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Chucklemagne.

I am glad you are enjoying the book. I have red through it too. I only finished it before Christmas, but now I am reading through it again as now I am writing my review. Which I hope when I have finished it it isn't to long as I want to type it up here on the boards.

I agree with you it's very inspirational and made me think of my own personal style more when I was reading through it. Also when I was reading through it it also helped me think of my own fears and experiences I have been through too. ;)

I hope you enjoy the rest of the book too. :D
shell
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:52 pm

hey chuckle

i am so glad you got this book for christmas,that's cool. i agree it's a truly inspiring book aimed at young women helping them find their feet and way in life. shannen is such a great role model to her young fans. i sure hope she writes more books now. i loved the way shannen wrote the book, she made it exciting and i liked how she was talking to us her fans throughout. i was so impressed when i got the book. i never expected recipes, photos all included too. i sure hope she writes more books :) :)
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Mercedes-Doherty » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Dear Chuck!!!!!

have a great news!! i soon will go to pre-order the book in my shop of confiance :D ,when finish this hollidays jeje,the bad is the time for wait,i can't wait!! :D i wan't to start to read it .
MerceAndShannen Dianna, may can you reply to my recently PM that i sent?thanks!
Mercedes-Doherty
*ShAnNeN's GiRl*

Badass

Postby dragonlady » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi, I am so new to forums and postings I am probably in totally the wrong place.

Just want to say I have finished Badass and a good read it was too. It was a completely different take on an autobiography and that was fresh. There was a lot of sense in the writing - some good advice too. I love that Shannen loved her dad fiercely - all her family but did not get that feeling myself (no details here). But I have the rest of my family and thank god every day for them.

Great book - I look forward to the next, Dragonlady
dragonlady
New Shannen Fan

Postby Linz » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Hey!
I totally agree with you! "Badass" is amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it~ Shannen has a fresh take on everything and the way the way she offers advice is very refreshing. It is not presented as an "in your face, you have to do this" type of way. It is very clear that she has a lot of life experience, she is very intelligent, well-traveled, compassionate, and business savvy! What girl wouldn't want to be like her? I love her honesty as well. She completely accepts her past mistakes, and that is the best way to move on. If you can't let go of your mistakes and realize that you are human, then you'll never be able to move forward. She is a huge inspiration to me and I've looked up to her since I was a young girl! I really admire her and I am so happy that she was able to write this book! I am advising all of my friends to buy it and read it, because some of them could truly benefit from the advice that Shannen offers! I am so happy and blessed to be able to say that I have now been to Buenos Aires, Argentina and I purchased some of the wine that she recommended (Achaval Ferrer)! It was fabulous! Anyway, I love the layout of the book as well. Shannen has great taste and her flair for life is apparent in the writing. She is definitely a Badass and I see why so many , obviously myself included, admire and look up to her the way that they do! :) If you have not read the book yet, you must go and buy it because it is amazing! :)

<3- Lindsay
Linz

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Sarah-Lucy

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:23 pm

i still haven't actually posted my review on amazon about her book LOL. has anyone else?. time is just so limited, will get around to it ;)
Sarah-Lucy

Return to Shannen News