[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Can't stop thinking of Shannen and her family

Can't stop thinking of Shannen and her family

This is the place to chat about the one and only amazing Shannen!

Postby Kristin Marie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:37 am

We've known Shannen since she was 10-17...We are basically like family to her...

and not sure why her father's death would hit us so hard, we never met Tom, but know him by his daughter. I still feel sadness toward the Doherty's and they are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember when Mother Osmond died in 2004, The Osmond's fans were in mourning...Yes, some knew her, some met her and when she died, they felt they lost her too.

When Father Osmond died in 2007, same thing...the whole Osmond's fans/friends all mourned with the family.

just like when Marie's son lost his life, every mother out there..not just mother's..father's, aunts, uncles all felt Marie's pain.

Just like when Micheal Jackson died...His fans were in mourning...we felt for his beautiful children...we cried along with Paris when she made that heart wrenching speech, that probably had Micheal smiling from Heaven.

Why are we drawn and feel like we lost someone too? How can we be so sad when we don't know them personally? Is it common?

Kristin Marie
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby marianne16 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:02 am

I understand what you mean, fans feel for her, for her family and for the lost of a men, described as a hero, the father of shannen, and he will always be that hero for her and for fans, even if we don't know him, we feel the love that shannen as for him and for all her family, so well described in her book. I think it's normal that we still feel sad for them and keep them in our prayers.
marianne16
Shannen Fanatic

Postby midvinter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:33 pm

sorry about shannen father passing away

my regards to shannen and her family
midvinter
New Shannen Fan

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 pm

i have been a shannen fan for over half of my life and getting to meet her last year in london was such a treat so yeah when you know someone is hurting and you cant do anything it awful.

people say time is a healer but if only we can take the pain away for her.

i felt things were going so well for shannen up to last week promoting her book and going on talk shows. it's devastating for her suffering like this.

thoughts and prayers for her.

btw - kristin, how come you have lost all your posts you had and are now back at the start as like a new board member?. just curious. Image
Last edited by anonymous on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Linz » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:21 am

Its because Shannen means so much to us and we care for her, and her family. Even though we don't know them, we can empathize with them! We all understand what its like to lose someone and how terrible it is! Its so sad that she lost her hero. Image We know how important he was to her, and vice versa, so its always hard to know that someone is hurting. I am still praying for them!
Linz

Postby shaed412 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:45 am

Yeah, I actually feel like Shannen's big part my life...as I've been a fan of her's for 22yrs, and Im only 30...so for most of my life, Shannen has been there, through good and bad times...she's lifted my spirits and taught me so much, so when I see her in pain/happiness/excited/ any emotions, I relate to them. I don't know if anything I wrote makes sense, but I absolutely think it's normal to feel sad when your idol or someone you know and /or love is going through painful things. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Kristin!
shaed412

Re: Can't stop thinking of Shannen and her family

Postby Karolina1990 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:40 pm

I have spent a large Time of my Childhood with Shannen and I was really shocked when I heard that Tom died...Tom was younger then my Father (my Father is 68)...
Karolina1990
New Shannen Fan

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Sarah-Lucy

Postby PINTORSOROLLA » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Since Shannen Doherty is human being and not only compsition of the colors at the flat screen and since the fan have the basic minimum of the human feeling it is so obvious that her father is as important as herself.
PINTORSOROLLA
New Shannen Fan

Return to Shannen Doherty