[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - A ‘Badass’ to be reckoned with - Interview

A ‘Badass’ to be reckoned with - Interview

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Postby Dianna » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Actress Shannen Doherty has admittedly made her fair share of mistakes — highly publicized ones at that. But after years of soul-searching she’s learned the difference between being bad and being a badass. In “Badass: A Hard-Earned Guide to Living Life with Style and (the Right) Attitude,” she imparts that lesson, along with dating advice and decorating tips.

When did your journey of becoming a badass begin?

I was 27 when I got a DUI and it was one of the most humiliating, humbling experiences. It wasn’t like that moment I instantly turned myself around. You’re still going to have those moments where you fall flat on your face and the thing is to not be discouraged. It doesn’t mean you’re not on your way to becoming a badass, because we still make mistakes. It’s just that you’re not going to make those same mistakes again.

What would the younger you think of the woman you’ve become?

She’d be like, “Ah, finally!” My main goal was to get back to that little girl because there wasn’t anything that she couldn’t accomplish. There’s something to be said for resilience. Kids bounce. As we get older, we lose our bounce. It’s important to find it again.

You distinguish “b—” from “badass.” The media has often painted you as the former. How do you deal with the criticism?

I ignore it. If someone keeps painting a label on you that doesn’t fit anymore, you just shake it off, like an ill-fitting coat. You don’t keep on putting on the coat, you don’t try to make it fit, you don’t get mad at it. You just throw it in the back of your closet. You move on and you buy a new coat. It’s not your issue; it’s theirs.

What inspired you to write ‘Badass’?

I was always the girl my friends would call for advice. In my 20s it was like “do as I say, not as I do.” Now, I’ve worked on my own personal issues and I’m enough through that process that you can do as I do. [The book] also touches on issues that a lot of books don’t. Like, what do you do when you go on a first date and you’ve had too much to drink? Then you sleep with a guy, but you really like him. How do you get the mystery back?

Source: http://www.metro.us/boston/entertainment/article/679235--a-badass-to-be-reckoned-with
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:12 pm

thanks for posting Di, i really appreciate that. my book should be with me by 5/11 but that was a nice little taster of what to expect. Image Image
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Dianna » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Dianna
Site Admin

Postby shaed412 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:58 am

Thanks for posting that. I bought my book right after work and had to make sure my oil was changed for the drive tomorrow, and i sat at pep boys for two hours waiting and i read more than half the book already. she's soooooo inspiring and amazing! as if we didn't already know that. and there are some really great candid shots in the book! im so glad she decided to do this!
shaed412

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:57 am

Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Linz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 am

THanks for posting Di!! Great article, loved it! SOO excited to read the book, Shannen is so amazing- of course, we all know this. lol.
Sabrina- Have fun tomorrow!! So happy you get to go! Image Take lots of pics! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Glad you got your oil changed and everything!
Linz

Postby Dianna » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Linds,

Did you get the book yet? I just got an e-mail to say mine will arrive on the 8th! Image I'm saving it for my flight on the 24th though...i'm gonna be so tempted to read before then!

The book looks a lot thicker than I expected, judging from yesterdays photos.
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Thick? Mmm...I wonder if it can fit in my little tote bag I carry for work, along with my lunch and my water..

Well, seeing as you'll be standing on line at the security a long time, Dianna...maybe you can read it on line...na...take a cat nap...Once you start reading, its hard to put a good book down, only if its a minute or 2. I have done that plenty of times.

I got my tracking status update on the book, Its definitely on the FED EX truck in Atlanta...I have a feeling it will be here today or tomorrow...

Kristin Marie Image
Last edited by anonymous on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Mercedes-Doherty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:25 pm

thanks for posting, but hope can find the book on ebay, i can't buy by amazon Image
MerceAndShannen Dianna, may can you reply to my recently PM that i sent?thanks!
Mercedes-Doherty
*ShAnNeN's GiRl*

Return to Shannen News