[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - The Elephant Project

The Elephant Project

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

The Elephant Project

Postby Dianna » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:16 pm

Shannen has joined 'The Elephant Project' which is an organization to raise money and awareness for the Alzheimer's Association.

To raise money, and awareness, the company have celebrities pose for a picture with an elephant beanie baby, which are then auctioned off in an Elephant Project auction package! Each package consists of an 8x10 photo of a celebrity posing with the elephant, a signed Elephant Project card by that celebrity, and a special elephant beanie baby!

More details will be posted soon. The company will let me know when her auction is up. For now, you can view the the photo:

I think the elephant is cute! I might place a bid!

For more details on the project, check out their website:
http://www.elephantproject.org/
Dianna
Site Admin

The Elephant Project

Postby Linz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:09 am

Shannen looks gorgeous as usual!!! The elephant is cute! I'd love to win that basket, but I'm sure many people could outbid me. haha!!!
Linz
Very Important Shannen Fan

The Elephant Project

Postby shaed412 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:51 am

HOLY CRAP!!! I am obsessed with elephants, been collecting knick knacks since I was younger of elephants and had beanie babies and i still have a stuffed animal my brother gave me that are all elephants...that picture just made my day! I would love to bid on that, even though I don't have lots of money, it would be worth it for the cause, and for shannen and the elephant...two of my fav things together...ahh! Thanks for the info Dianna!
shaed412

The Elephant Project

Postby shaed412 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 am

also forgot to mention, I work in healtcare in senior facilties and I actually just worked on an Alzheimer/Dementia project, so I think this project is very important!
shaed412

The Elephant Project

Postby jhem » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Image I like what she's doing...very admirable! Image
jhem

The Elephant Project

Postby shell » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Shannen looks really great and cute with the elephant. I used to collect some Beanie Babies, but not elephants.
shell

The Elephant Project

Postby Kristin Marie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:32 pm

I want a purple Elephant...

I wonder if anyone in her family is suffering from Alzheimer's

I have to tell you this story...When my brother and I were young and we were( we were living in FL at the time..we just moved to FL because my brother was so young) We were seated at the airport and this sweet elderly lady was seating in her wheelchair she had no idea where she was, she was crying( she seems like she was crying) She seemed so alone and its was so sad watching it. I remember I was sad for her..she had no one with her.

Kristin Marie
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

The Elephant Project

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:50 pm

what a gr8 project. i love how shannen supports causes that are close to people's hearts.

thanks 4 sharing as always Image
Sarah-Lucy

The Elephant Project

Postby Linz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Linz

The Elephant Project

Postby shaed412 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 am

I am really happy to be able to work around seniors and to be able to help with projects like alzheimer's and such. Some of them just dont' get the love and respect that they need. It's sad. But this project is so endearing. Elephants are truely special. I once read or heard that elephants trunks must face the windows if you have them on your shelves, etc...like knick knacks...and everyone of mine does...bc if not it's bad luck! Don't know how true it is, but i won't take my chances with it...lol That's awesome that you are into elephants, too!
shaed412

Next

Return to Shannen News