[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - I'm Back

I'm Back

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

I'm Back

Postby Linz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:49 am

Hey Shul!!!
Yeah, I never learned vosotros at my high school, so I am assuming my teacher did not teach us that form of SPanish! I am quite nervous about going to Argentina, though super excited, because my Spanish is not that great yet. Its been 9 years since I have taken a class, other than the one I have been in now for the past few weeks! haha! And I DEFINITELY want to practice and need to practice! I have to get a B in the course this semester in order to go on the trip! That would be cool if you could come to Argentina! LOL. Where do you live now?
Linz
Very Important Shannen Fan

I'm Back

Postby kdawg » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:10 am

kdawg

I'm Back

Postby laurajaybee » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:33 am

No, don't call her Shul, call her Shully Image Although she might murder you. Think I may be the only one she lets off with that Image

Shul - Yes, I have heard of Catalan. It's majorly different than Spanish and a fair bit less widely spoken!

Kendra - Thanks Image
laurajaybee

I'm Back

Postby lover » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:03 am

Laura- Nah, I'm not going to murder her. Actually, Craig calls me Shully too, I can't remember which one of you started it, but the other one followed. I don't mind Shully, it's actually quite amusing, but only you and Craig are allowed to call me that! Lol.

As for the Catalan- not majorly, it's a mix between Spanish, French and Portoguese, there are a lot of things I can understand. The problem is reading and writing- what I love about Spanish is that the vowels sound just like they're supposed to sound, no exceptions. In Catalan, same as in french, sometimes the E sounds like A and sometimes like E, the O sounds like O and U and so on, you never know what to expect and how the hell the word is spelled. It's not a pretty language but it's incredibly sexy! And there's some great catalan music out there. Since it's not widely spoken very few people get to hear it and that's a real shame. I'm not sure but I think we have a pretty similar taste in music (what music do you like?), so I could send you some stuff. I'm trying to make the world know this music, the Catalans should honour me! Image

Lindsay- Of course you're excited, I was in Spain two months ago and I loved hearing Spanish everywhere! It's absolutely amazing being abroad when you can understand the language, things are so much easier and people are so much nicer. I realised I could actually talk to people and find my way when I'm lost and it's been fantastic. The funny thing is that my parents kept looking at me all shocked and confused. I met a good friend there and we've been spending some time together and my parents stayed there alone. My mum said they didn't know how to communicate and felt totally lost without me! LOL. Trust me, it's an experience- when you realise you have no choice but speaking Spanish that's what you're going to do, simply because no one speaks English. If you want some help or just a fun practice, you know where to find me. Image I live in Israel, we all make mistakes. I'll get out of here one day, I hope!

Kendra - I second that. Image
lover

I'm Back

Postby Linz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 am

Hey Shul!!! That's awesome! I LOVED being abroad in Europe! I was all over Athens and some islands in Greece, it was awesome. We took some "survival Greek" for about a week with a professor at the college in Athens. It was SO useful! Most people spoke English there, but a few older locals did not so it helped! LOL~ ANyway.... well, I am sure you will someday get to go to a different place, if that's what you so desire! Image I am seriously thinking about doing the study abroad trip to Argentina, if I can. It is definitely the best way to learn Spanish! That's how my brother did it! haha, I bet your parents were so lost without you!!
Linz

I'm Back

Postby kdawg » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:33 am

Lover: Woot! So what do we do? XD;;
kdawg

I'm Back

Postby laurajaybee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Excuse me Shully, but I think you'll find that it was me that started it, remember, I started calling you "Dr Shully"? Craig is the copycat Image
laurajaybee

I'm Back

Postby lover » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Haha oh yeah, you're right, all credits go to Laura. Image

You didn't reply to the other part of my post though, about the Catalan language. Image
lover

I'm Back

Postby laurajaybee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Sorry, sorry. I'm more worried about the Spanish language at them moment. I'm start University on Saturday, which would be a good thing, but it means that I'm moving 3 and a half hours away from my home, to a city (edinburgh) miles bigger than where I live and where I don't know anyone. I'm off to study Spanish and French there, and am beginning to have second thoughts about it, as I pack my whole life into 3 suitcases Image
laurajaybee

I'm Back

Postby lover » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm

It's totally natural, that's a big step. But you'll see- it's very scary at first but you eventually get to know people. You're a great girl and you're really friendly, I'm sure everyone will love you there! I believe you're going to be great- you're studying what you want and you're moving away from home towards your independence. Of course it's terrifying but hey, I'm still here if you need anything and so are the rest of your friends. And you're not allowed to leave the boards just like most members did when they moved to college, just so we're clear!
lover

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House