[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Strike Back to DWTS! (Stand up for Shannen)

Strike Back to DWTS! (Stand up for Shannen)

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:13 pm

^ no probably not, only joking.

but shannen fans will not be messed with, we are the wrong people Image
Sarah-Lucy
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby oifchick0405 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 pm

oifchick0405
Shannen Fanatic

Postby msyana » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 pm

msyana

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Sarah-Lucy

Postby lover » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:28 pm

I think we've all been exaggerating with this. Shannen was voted out- it's unpleasant, it's dissapointing, but it's not the end of the world. Those shows tend to be rigged, that's true, but kicking Shannen out would have been the worst thing they could have done. If we're going that way- Shannen gave them just the right amount of drama- the BH bad girl, Holly from the Charmed set coming to visit, a sick father, a stage fright, an injured partner- all these things are major boots for the show- they created drama left and right, and this injury could have given them another excuse to do just that, Shannen's name would have given them all the means... Can you imagine "next week we will reveal a new dancer coming in to change things the way we know them, Shannen 'bad girl' Doherty will have to find a new work system, stay tuned, only on ABC!"

Cevans' thread shows a lot of logical reasons that could have caused her elimination- I didn't know I could vote for Shannen, I knew I couldn't watch the show on time for the voting so I didn't even check on the updates until she was eliminated. Addding to the fact that I can't stand reality TV shows, it didn't even cross my mind to check it. Yes, Shannen has a major fan base, but like Cevans says, this show has millions of voters, some of which probably don't like the "bad girl" Shannen and voting for anyone who isn't her. Let us not forget that these boards have around 100 active members max, that's nowhere nearly enough to keep someone in a competition. The 90210 and Charmed crowd who hasn't followed Shannen since probably didn't care about the whole thing.

I'm not saying there's no chance it was rigged because these shows always are, but they don't tend to go against themselves, and voting Shannen out, after focusing on her as one of the top contestants, is shooting themselves in the leg. Sending letters to ABC just sounds like a desperate response.

Let us not forget- Shannen is an actress. She did what she had to do- made her dad proud, faced her fears, increased her talents. People got to see another side to her, she's a tough woman and she's going to make it through. She'll go back to acting, she said it herself- she was there for her dad and she's now going back to do her job. Even if it is rigged there's no need to jump and make allegations, ABC could decide to sue you, unless you can prove your point without a doubt. We can do things nicely- start petitions to get Shannen back, post on their boards, send Shannen cards, showing moral support, etc. In these competitions there's always a point when some contestants are coming back, I do believe Shannen will be one of them.
lover

Postby shannenfallenangel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:37 am

shannenfallenangel

Postby oifchick0405 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 am

LOL sue me? Sue someone over something they said on a site? Have you checked out Youtube? This is America. It's a 1st amendment right to say what we want. It's called "Freedom of Speech". And I know the laws very well considering that I am going into Law Enforcement.

And you are missing the point. We are standing up for Shannen and saying that what they did was wrong. I do not believe for a second that she didn't have the votes. This thread was NOT meant to be something to stir up people and make a big fuss over. It was something to get people to stand up for Shannen.

Petitions and cards and things are great ideas. But no need to start arguments. This thread is FOR Shannen. We are just showing our support for Shannen regardless of theories.

And if you guys know of any other ways to stand up for Shannen then please share them with us! I am all about standing up for something I believe in and I know you guys are too! Image

Thanks!
Jamie
Last edited by anonymous on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
oifchick0405
Shannen Fanatic

Postby shaed412 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Jaime you are right on point with all your threads and I couldn't agree more. In case anyone didn't get the memo...this is a SHANNEN site, which means her fans are here to show support and do what we can to ensure that Shannen knows we are all behind her. Please don't come in here and make things ackward. We're merely letting our ideas roll out in a forum for our idol. Jaimie...keep up the great work.
shaed412

Postby marianne16 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:53 pm

I don't agree that she did not get votes for her performance, she had so many people standing for her and voting for her and also the fans of mark ballas, how it is possible that she has been eliminated?? NO way! Petitions are good things even if it doesn't work, we would have tried!

some people from abc message board start a petiton too, I will try to find the link.
marianne16
Shannen Fanatic

Postby lover » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Shaed412- In case you didn't get the memo... I've been here since 2005, I've supported Shannen for years and I don't intend to stop doing that just because she was eliminated. You'd think I wouldn't stay here for so many years out of hatred to Shannen, but for appreciation and love for her talent and personality. I think she's a fantastic actress and I adore her, but it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have different opinions. Seriously, look at Jamie- she didn't agree with what I had to say, but she replied politely, stating her own ideas and not dismissing mine.

Jamie- of course they can't sue you for what you say on the internet, but if you send a formal complaint letter, for example, they could decide they want to be bastards and look at it as defamation. After all, unless you can prove you're 100% right, they could claim these are false allegations. I believe you're right and they're not going to do that, as that would make them look incredibly petty, if not crazy for not letting you speak your mind, but you never know, I don't trust them.

What they did was wrong, if they did it, but those are the rules of the game- it's not just Shannen, I don't like to watch rigged shows, so I never watch reality TV, it's the rules of the business. I'm not stirring up, I've always stood up for Shannen and I think she did a fantastic job on her last dance. I'm not saying it to make a fuss but because, like you said, there's a freedom of speech and I'm sharing my views as her fan, not as her enemy. And I'm certainly not arguing, it's a calm exchange of opinions, and I respect your views just like I know you respect mine, even if we disagree. I am for Shannen, always have been and I have no intention to change it over a silly TV show. We have different ways of showing support but at the end of the day that's what we're both here for, we just choose different ways to do it Image.
lover

PreviousNext

Return to Shannen News