[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - The DWTS Ordeal

The DWTS Ordeal

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby cevans » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 am

I think we can all agree that Shannen being eliminated first this week SUCKS. Now we're all looking for answers as to why it happened. We're led to believe it's because she simply received the fewest number of votes from the viewers and that may be the answer but certain things don't add up for us. But I wanted to shed some light on how possibly she really did receive the lowest amount of votes.

I thought for sure that Shannen had a decent sized fan base, one that stretched worldwide. And maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe the fans outside of the US simply didn't think they could vote so they didn't try. I do know that there isn't enough people here on this forum to have kept her in the competition, even if we did each vote hundreds of times. DWTS receives millions of votes each week. I was expecting 90210 and Charmed fans to vote for her because I always considered them to be loyal fans and I do still believe they are. Plus, with Shannen being on Twitter and Facebook now and asking all of her followers to vote for her (Holly did this as well for Shannen) is even more votes for her. There's also the people who were touched by her story about her dad. I have no idea how many people that would be though. And then there's the casual votes who don't necessarily have a favorite going into the show but decide after seeing them dance who they'll vote for. I would think that would be the largest number of voters.

Shannen performed twice. The first time she performed she went 2nd and the second time she performed she went 1st. When I heard she was going first this week I knew that couldn't be good. Why? Because believe it or not, a lot of people miss the beginning of the show. Ratings for DWTS this week proved that. When they were released, it showed that the second half of the show had more viewers. That sucks for us because if the casual voters didn't get to see her performance then they probably aren't going to vote for her.

Another thing I was thinking about. And this may sound crazy but what if Shannen and Pam have similar fan bases? Their votes would have been split and that COULD explain why they were both in the bottom 2 this week. I do think that's a possibility, as crazy as it may sound to some people.

A lot of the teen girls are going to vote for the 'cute guys' on the show so that's probably how Aiden and Jake (the Bachelor) managed to survive elimination this week. That'll never change unfortunately.

I also figured that Mark Ballas (Shannen's dancing partner) had a HUGE following as he's one of the more known dancers. And that simple fact was one reason I never thought Shannen would be voted off for at least a few weeks. But maybe we overestimated that. I talked to some of his fans who are power voters (they voted several hundred times) but I was expecting there to be more of them and apparently there wasn't. People may be secretly angry because he already won DWTS twice now. I have no idea though.

And finally there's her reputation. We all know that Shannen is a sweetheart and how nice she is but a lot of people still have this preconceived notion that she's hard to get along with and isn't nice. I was hoping in time, after seeing Shannen week after week that people would see that isn't true. I do think a lot of people changed their mind about her and that's at least one positive thing that came out of this experience for her. If you read the DWTS forums around the web, A LOT of people are angry that Kate's still in the competition and that Shannen unfairly got eliminated because clearly she was a MUCH better dancer than Kate, Buzz and a few others.

This is all just speculation as to how it may have really happened. The first week is the worst because no one really knows how many times they should vote or what to expect. The Pam fans now have a heads up that their amount of votes weren't enough by the fact she almost got eliminated and I would expect them to vote like crazy now. I just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone. If you'd like to add something, please do. Sorry it was so much to read but there's so many conspiracy theories floating around right now, lol. Image
cevans
Shannen Wanna Be

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby kido » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:34 am

agree...it's sad that wee lost opportunity to see her every week!
Stick to you guns!
kido
Shannen Fanatic

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby shell » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:30 am

I agree that it would of been nice to see her everyweek.

I also agree with the fact that not eveything adds up and that there are loads of reasons why she was voted off the show.

But I still think she was treated unfair.

I recon that Shannen does have a big fanbase and that it could go on that not everyone thought they could vote as they lived in different countries.

But I also recon it had something to do with the actual show too as I think they knew who they wanted off at the beggining.

I don't know how many of you will agree with me on the next part as it only came to mind yesterday and Shannen wasn't treated fairly the first week eirther.

Do you feel like she has been discriminated if that's the right word to use as one of the judges wasn't nice to her in the first place. Plus that Shannen wasn't there favourite eirther and from what I have heard people were still going on about what she was like in the past and that's why people didn't like her on there.

From what I have seen though the DWTS facebook that people didn't want Shannen to go this week they wanted some of the other dances to go to which I also agree with.

It should of been one of the other lower scored dances to go as they couldn't dance at all.
Last edited by shell on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
shell
Very Important Shannen Fan

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 pm

well said cevans i totally agree with you. Image

things dont add up as she had over 24,000 following her on twitter and nearly 18,000 on facebook and has fans worldwide plus has famous celebrities following her too. we may never get to the bottom of it you know. Image

i was really enjoyed how shannen was just being herself letting the world she is that sweet,kind and gentle person but she had that taken away from her!

people are able to relate to shannen and that's why this makes it so hard for everyone who is a fan i feel.
i do agree shannen wasnt treated nor respected fairly in wk 1 but i never thought she would face elimination.
we may never get to the bottom of it you know, it's just such a shock. Image
Sarah-Lucy

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby Dianna » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 pm

Nothing adds up. Look at the remaining people, do they have bigger fan bases? I know Nicole has a strong one, but look at Buzz and Kate, I don't see them having a following like Shannen.

Shannen has one of the most loyal fan bases ever, even people abroad were voting for her from all over the world! I am in the UK right now and placed 60 votes Monday night. I also know people who voted a lot more than me.

I do believe the show was rigged. I kinda thing they did it because of Mark's injury, they knew he couldn't go on so they decided to just cut Shannen off too because it's straightforward and simple. They didn't have to worry about the replacement.
Dianna
Site Admin

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:09 pm

has someone ever injured themself badly on the show like poor mark?. did the producers have to act fast on getting a replacement for that person? just wondered. Image

shannen was fans worldwide especially in europe but again we were able to vote on-line so it really doesnt add up. Image
Sarah-Lucy

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby shell » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I know Sarah-Lucy that's a point. They would of got the message some how that they could vote for Shannen over the web.

As I am just thinking back to when I signed up my accounts to vote there was alot of countries listed not just the USA.

So other fans must of signed up from other countries and voted when they seen there country was on the list.

Now I think that is another thing that doesn't add up as other fans must of known as the word got around fast that they could vote via the web.

Especially when Shannen put it up on her Twitter and Facebook to say that people could vote via the web, txt and phoneline.
shell

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby cevans » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:34 pm

cevans
Shannen Wanna Be

The DWTS Ordeal

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:34 pm

just watched tuesday night's episode again when shannen says she feels it's fate them ending the show and she did want to go on without mark anyway. bless, she is such a good sport.

i am still so vexed for her though Image
Sarah-Lucy

Return to Shannen News