Dads

Got some questions you would like to ask Shannen? This is the place to post them! Shannen will answer as many as she can. She will also posting in this section with news on her career. Please read the rules before posting your question. Thank you.

Dads

Postby deemike » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 am

Shannen,
Just want you to know that I appreciate what you are going through with your dad, as you mentioned his condition on DWTS. My father suffered a heartattack with quadruple bypass in 1998, and had a massive stroke in 2002. It affected two-thirds of the left hemisphere of his brain. He has aphasia and apraxia (terms you may now be familiar with), and is unable to speak, walk, or write, and lives in a nursing home. I know the pain of watching a beloved father go through these circumstances.

I wish your father a speedy recovery (from his pan on DWTS it looks like he had a right-brain stroke?), and will keep you all in my thoughts.

The one thing I've done, in hopes that no other daughter has to sit with her dad in CICU, is joined the efforts of the American Heart Association. I raise funds yearly, and this year have been asked to co-chair our Top Walker committee. I invite you to become involved with the organization, or if you would like to make a contribution, you can go to my website http://tinyurl.com/AHA-Denise-Noble

Good luck with DWTS, and all the best to your dad.
Last edited by deemike on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
deemike
New Shannen Fan

Return to Q&A With Shannen Doherty