[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Hi Everyone.

Hi Everyone.

Are you new to these message boards? Would you like to introduce yourself and find new friends? Click here and let us know more about you!

Hi Everyone.

Postby shell » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks that nice lover. Hi Sarah-Lucy

I knew there are alot of accents here in the Uk and you can always tell as I have someone from hull in my college class and he sounds different. But I have got used to his now so I don't really tell anymore.

That would be so different if Shannen had an english accent as I would think it sounds like. What she sounds like on Charmed where you carn't tell she has an accent.

I would have to have someone tell me what an english accent sounds like to someone who speaks with an american accent. I probably sound like other people's and they would have to listen hard so they could make out what I was saying. As I have heard from some accents its hard to tell what people are saying. Image
shell
Very Important Shannen Fan

Hi Everyone.

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:36 pm

^english accents are very different from scottish and welsh accents even though we are still part of the UK LOL. when i am talking to strangers i try and talk really slow as i do have a tendency of talking fast. Image

i think Irish accents are just the absolute best in the world, i could listen to an irish person talk all day Image Image
Sarah-Lucy

Hi Everyone.

Postby lover » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:38 pm

From what I've heard the Brummie accent is impossible to understand. But for most non native English speakers the British accent is harder to understand because it emphasizes the words more, whilst the Americans usually swallow their letters. Thing is that in those countries, most shows on TV are American so they can get that accent from a very young age, unlike the British one. Most lingusutic researches say that people can get and immitate lanaguages and accents easily until the age of 12, so when the American shows are what you hear by that age, it's the training your mind gets. I think telling you what a British accent sounds like is incredibly difficult, it's something you hear. And you can call me Shul Image.
lover

Hi Everyone.

Postby shell » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:33 am

Thats interesting to know.

Maybe Shannen couldn't understand me very well as I had to repeat some things. Maybe its my english accent.

I had to say things louder too as I think I have a deep voice which probably makes it worse.
shell

Hi Everyone.

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Sarah-Lucy

Hi Everyone.

Postby shell » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Try a normal Nottinghamshire accent as I am not sure if Nottinghamshire have an accent.

I am also quater Irish to as some of my family came from Ireland. Image

I know some people who have accents talk quick and then its ever harder to understand them.
shell

Hi Everyone.

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm

^ your from robin hood's county then shell Image
Sarah-Lucy

Hi Everyone.

Postby shell » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 am

Yeh you could say that.

The home of Sherwood Forest and another 2 which I think are a part of Sherwood forest.

Rufford Park and Columber Park are a part of Sherwood Forest to I think. They are just split now because of the main roads.

Rufford Park and Columber Park arn't that far apart from each other. I think they are on the same stretch of road. Image
shell

Previous

Return to Introductions