[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - university-college

university-college

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

university-college

Postby lover » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Okay guys, I really need your help. I need to hand in a final paper about Magic Realism (Borges, Marquez, Cortazar) and my professor wants us to analyse stories we haven't learnt in class. I'm fine with Marquez, as he's incredibly popular, but I'm having a bit of trouble with Cortazar.

His official site includes a lot of his works and I used it. The problem is that the whole site is in Spanish. I've looked for his books in the uni library, my city's library and book stores, but he's obviously not that popular. I found a great story for my paper (fin del mundo del fin), but she won't let me analyse it unless I find it in English or in Hebrew and give it to her. Basically, this site is the only place to get good stories in time (it needs to be done by tuesday). Any thoughts?
Last edited by lover on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lover
Very Important Shannen Fan

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:46 am

I'm guessing you can't get away with a Google translation of the site?

I found this: http://books.google.com/books?id=J192Yq-5cZ4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=Cortazar&cd=9#v=onepage&q=Cortazar&f=false

It's "Final Exam".

It's one of those things where you can read part of a book.

I was thinking if you could find that book/story on his web page and compare it to this English copy? Write the report from there?

It's kind of a cheat, but as a last resort...

Hell, even if you got your hands on the book, today, you'd barely have time to read it, let alone analyze it.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

university-college

Postby lover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:59 am

I don't even know what the book is called in English. I tried wikipedia but it only gives me the Spanish name: Historias de cronopias y de famas, 1962. I already analysed it as I found it in Spanish on his site, it's a collection of short stories and I chose fin del mundo del fin. Problem is my professor hasn't read it, and she can't speak Spanish, so she wants it in Hebrew or English. I'm not sure there's an English copy of the book, what it's called or where to get it, and I know there's no Hebrew copy.
lover

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 am

There's an English version. "Cronopios and famas" Is the name.

This is the ISBN # 0811214028 9780811214025

Don't know if you use that system in Israel, though.

OCLC # 40433316

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/40433316?referer=di&ht=edition
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

university-college

Postby lover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 am

Thanks, that's fantastic. Any chance I can find a link to it, where I can see the story? We don't use it in Israel, so there's no chance I'm gonna get it until tuesday, unless I find it online.
lover

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:01 am

dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

university-college

Postby lover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:05 am

Yay! Thank you so much, if it's there, I'm giving you one of my friends Image.
lover

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:12 am

I can't find an E-Book version, or the like.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

university-college

Postby lover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:22 am

I couldn't find one either. Keep it up, there's a prize at the end of the game Image.
lover

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 am

dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House