World Leaders fail us in Copenhagen

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:50 pm

It's been a long and heart-breaking night. The climate summit in Copenhagen has finished without a treaty to protect the climate. It's not fair, not ambitious and not legally binding. It's not done yet. Neither are we.

But first I need your help to spread the truth about the climate summit and help change the future.

World leaders left the climate summit last night without agreeing to the cuts in greenhouse gas emissions that science demands. That means we could see average global temperature rises above 2 degrees Centigrade and the worst impacts of climate change. They're putting our future at risk.

Spread the news on Twitter or change your Facebook status and help tell the world that leaders are NOT DONE YET.

We cannot let political leaders forsake the future of the planet.

They will try to spin this as a success - together we can make sure that doesn't happen and force them to finish the job they started. If the world knows that leaders have not finished the job, there is still a chance to get a treaty that is fair, ambitious and legally binding.

Please take a couple minutes for the planet and change your Facebook status, Twitter, text your friends - tell as many people as you can that the job is "not done yet".

Together we can change the future.

Thank you.

PS. Next week we will need your help again to put pressure on the key countries that blocked progress at the climate summit, but for now please help spread the truth - job not done.

LadyMacbeth

Postby littlemissbad » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:47 pm

at first glance 2 degrees seems like nothing.

but already the polar ice caps have delined enough in the last 20 years that the pola bear population has dropped.

the reason for this is because the pack ice is not strong enough to support them. and it is on the pack ice that pola bears raise their cubs.

also due to the ice declining their world is shrinking.

that is just one of the problems that we are faced with because of us.

HELP SAVE OUR WORLD.

xx Image
Last edited by littlemissbad on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
littlemissbad
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby charline » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:08 am

I think it wasn't that great to start with.. I really not thought they would bring the solutions. Everyone has there own goal to get and only think about there selfs.

It makes me sad. I lost my faith in 'our leaders'

charline

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:56 pm

^^yes i agree. but we cant lose faith in ourselves.

if enough of us stand together something can be done.

xx
littlemissbad

Return to Coffee House