[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Movie/TV Shows Recomendations

Movie/TV Shows Recomendations

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Postby digitalghost » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:09 am

So I made this thread cuz I'm really bored and I need something new and exciting to watch. So I'll recommend some and you can too. Add some info or Wikipedia link.

tv:
The L Word(6 seasons, finished wrapping 2009)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_l_word
Damages(must watch, already in 2 seasons. season 3 starting in january 2010, i think)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damages_%28TV_series%29
cartoons:
07 ghost(just started, it's in 18 episodes)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/07_Ghost
Deathnote(complete with 37 eps +2 extra rewrite that i haven't seen)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathnote
quick summary: kid gets a book that if you write someone's name on it they die, kid wants to be god etc etc

movies:
Fingersmith(dude you should watch, it's freagin' awesome)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingersmith_%28TV_serial%29
Edward Scissorhands(uh freaking mazing soundtrack, great movie to)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Scissorhands
Star Wars Episode I - VI(does it really need a link?)
Last edited by anonymous on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
digitalghost
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby triquetra » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:49 am

I've been meaning to see "Fingersmith" for quite a while...

And The L Word... is about lesbians? Actually, I have to see it because Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) is in a few episodes...
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
triquetra

Postby digitalghost » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 am

digitalghost

Postby shannenzbitch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:59 pm

shannenzbitch

Postby shannenzbitch » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Oh yeah, and for movies, I recommend all of these - but I'm not doing wiki links, because there's way too many Image:

Girl Interrupted | Tank Girl | Gia | Prozac Nation | The Craft | Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind | Donnie Darko | Pan's Labyrinth | Cruel Intentions | Ghost World | Kill Me Later | Thirteen | Requiem for a Dream | The Air I Breathe | Now and Then | Rent | White Oleander | Empire Records | Home Room | 2:37 | Almost Famous | Virgin Suicides | Blow | Forrest Gump | Garden State | Till Human Voices Wake Us | The Black Balloon | Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas | The Science of Sleep | The Butterfly Effect | Mean Creek | The Rules of Attraction | Wings of the Dove | Prey for Rock'n'Roll | The Hours | Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street | The Number 23 | The Mists of Avalon | Chicago | Moulin Rouge | Labyrinth | Garage Days | Dracula | Interview with a Vampire | Mysterious Skin | Edward Scissorhands | Conversations with Other Women | Beautiful Ohio | Clockwork Orange | Carlito's Way | The Return | Kill Bill 1 & 2 | Imagine Me and You | Lost and Delirious | Better Than Chocolate | Tipping the Velvet | Fingersmith | If These Walls Could Talk 2 | But I'm a Cheerleader | Foxfire | Beyond Borders | The Secret Window | Playing By Heart | Son in Law | Bio-Dome | Fight Club | Happy Gilmore | Billy Madison | Zoolander | Mallrats | The Hairy Bird | Speak | Southland Tales | Napolean Dynamite | The Ring 1 & 2 | Scream 1, 2 & 3 | American Pie 1, 2 & 3 | Road Trip | Eurotrip | What's Eating Gilbert Grape | Lord Of The Rings 1, 2 & 3 | Harry Potter (ALL) | Hocus Pocus | Corpse Bride | The Nightmare Before Christmas | The Goonies | Milo and Otis | Ace Ventura, Pet Detective 1 & 2 | My Girl 1 & 2 | Nick of Time | Hackers | Beetlejuice | Sleepy Hollow | Grease | Van Wilder | Dead Man on Campus | Thunderstruck | Finding Nemo | Practical Magic | Pirates pf the Caribbean | Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (old and new versions) | Across the Universe | R.L. Stine's Haunting Hour - Don't Think About It |

Those should keep you busy for awhile! Image

*squishy hugs*
shannenzbitch

Postby dustpuppy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Breaking Bad is a good show. I saw the first season. Lost track of it after that. They keep moving these things around, on cable. Same way with Leverage and Burn Notice.

Best Movie I've seen recently is "Gran Torino" kept sitting there watching Eastwood and thinking, "That's ME in 15 years."
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Postby lover » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm

What's Fingersmith and Tipping the Velvet about? Heard a lot about them, but never realised what they had in them (no spoilers please!).

You know I always compared The L Word to Desperate Housewives? It was the only girl power TV show I could think about, I completely forgot about Sex in the City, must more suitable! I love TLW and enjoy watching it but let's not get carried away- it's a good show if you want a light mix of drama and comedy, but it's not a great show. For the first lesbian show on TV I expected much more- Charmed, for example, is a great combination of drama and Humour, so is Desperate Houseviews. TLW, hoever, isn't big on that... It's too humourous, but it's not a comedy so something just doesn't work there, like dramamtic moments on Friends were usually weird and out of place.

Most characters are very shallow (especially Alice, and I love her), the dialogues are quite basic and the plots could've been much more interesting and a bit more realistic. The only good, dramatic stories were Dana's cancer and coming out story and Jenny's past and self harm. The only characters there with a bit of depth are Jenny and Shane and the show would've been very pointless without them. Both of them (especially Jenny) are the only 2 characters that will be remembered as they brought something different and spicy to this show, some personality, which most of the girls on that show lacked. I think it would've worked better as a dramatic show, instead they just made it funny but very shallow. However, I do recommend the show, it has its very good moments.

I also recommend Charmed, Lost- best thing on TV, the characters actually have personalities, flashbacks and flash forwards are fantastic, shooting is great and you're always on your toes.

Gossip Girl is a pretty good show, Desperate Housewives is a must, Nip/ Tuck is one of the greatest shows on TV, Waterloo Road is good, BH 90210, Friends, That 70's Show, Full House and Bad Girls- a British prison series, well written, fantastic actors, has the same problem of lack of perosnalities, but as always- there are a few characters that cover that and make the show fantastic (notice Di and Shell, for example, an absolute delight to watch). Don't watch it without Nikki, Helen and Shell though, it loses all its interest.

Films-- American Beauty (very twisted, just the way I like it), the American Pie trilogy (before it all went downhill), Thirteen, Sound of Music (classic, grew up watching it), Cruel Intentions, Moulin Rouge, North Country, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Interview with a Vampire, The Green Mile, Sleepers, Grease, Girl Interrupted, the Scream trilogy, Another Day, Heathers (Shannen's best film), Coyote ugly is a huge favourite of mine, and for the top 4- Monster (didn't know Charlize had it in her, fantastic film), Lost and Delirious (I'm marrying Paulie), Loving Annabelle and Home Room (last two aren't very familiar but they're brilliant, especially Home Room I think is spectacular- I love Alicia!!)

Kenny, you love Home Room and Lost and Delirious- you won my heart and that ain't an easy thing to do!! Image. Requiem for a Dream scared the s**t out of me, I couldn't stop thinking about it for days- if you have an upset stomach and you're a paranoid person, don't watch it!! Imagine Me and You is one of the cheesiest films I've ever watched, again- no personalities. Wow, that's LONG, a prize is guarenteed for anyone who reads all this post.

lover

Postby dustpuppy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:41 pm

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Next

Return to Coffee House