My exam topic

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

My exam topic

Postby jorginho2 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Kinia wrote:really? I didn't know that! I'll search a little, thanks :*

Last year in economics I had to do 3 minutes presentation about something used worldwide and I chose the credit card.

Here's what i found:
In 1949, a guy name Franck McNamara, head of a credit company called Hamilton Credit Corporation, went to have dinner with a close friend and his attorney to discuss a problem they had with a customer.
At the end of the meal McNamara noticed he had forgotten his wallet. He had to phoned her wife to bring him the wallet, so that he could pay the meal.
Later he came up with the credit card idea. A credit card that could be used in several places.

Before 1949 the credit cards were issued by individual companys, meaning each company had it’s own credit card.

curiosity:1958 was the year of the first "american express" credit card.

Hope this helps! Image
jorginho2
Shannen Wanna Be

My exam topic

Postby littlemissbad » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Kinia wrote:good idea chuckles.
And Lauren, is that possible for You to take some pictures of this all things with Marilyn Monroe?
If thats a problem it is ok, I understand.

*hugs*

here are some pics for you!

littlemissbad
Very Important Shannen Fan

My exam topic

Postby Kinia » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Jorginho_90 wrote:Last year in economics I had to do 3 minutes presentation about something used worldwide and I chose the credit card.

Here's what i found:
In 1949, a guy name Franck McNamara, head of a credit company called Hamilton Credit Corporation, went to have dinner with a close friend and his attorney to discuss a problem they had with a customer.
At the end of the meal McNamara noticed he had forgotten his wallet. He had to phoned her wife to bring him the wallet, so that he could pay the meal.
Later he came up with the credit card idea. A credit card that could be used in several places.

Before 1949 the credit cards were issued by individual companys, meaning each company had it’s own credit card.

curiosity:1958 was the year of the first "american express" credit card.

Hope this helps! Image

it is VERY interesting! thank you!!

and littlemissbad THANK YOU for pics!!

you're great guys!!
Kinia

My exam topic

Postby littlemissbad » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:56 pm

your welcome my darling. xoox Image
littlemissbad

Previous