Word

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Word

Postby lover » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:35 pm

OK, I haven't got much space on my hard drive, so I just type everything for Uni on Word and paste it to my email. I cant print it in my house because I havent got a printer, somehow they don't last long in my house. anyway, I go to Uni, copy it from my email to Word and type it there.

I've been typing something on Word and copied it to my email and it got really messed up. The paragraphs aren't dealt the same way, all the punctation marks have gone weird and if I try to fix it, it just makes it worse. Its taken me 3 hours to type it, no way I can do it in Uni tomorrow, I havent got the time. Any ideas?
lover
Very Important Shannen Fan

Word

Postby kelly47 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:43 am

I don't know if I can help, but I think it might be something to do with copying/pasting the format.
I remember once trying paste something, or maybe download a pdf, I'm not sure, and I had the option to keep the format, if I said no the paragraphs would all be out of place and was rather annoying.
I don't know if there is an option to paste and keep the format, but if there is it might help. If not I'm not sure what you can do, you could send it to me and I'll try and fix it up for you lol.
Last edited by kelly on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
kelly47

Word

Postby alwaysastar » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Dont copy and paste it, send it as an attatchment Image
alwaysastar

Word

Postby lover » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:39 pm

And there we have it, Charles helping me with my comp problems. Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Kelly- I could send it to you, but it's in Hebrew and I'm sure your comp works from left to right which would make it all the more confusing, because it's vice versa in Hebrew Image. But thanks for the offer.

I know, but I'm trying to avoid keeping things in my computer, that's exactly the problem. It'd mad and I don't trust it in the slightest, it causes trouble. So I've just pasted it into my email, which I've done so many times before, I don't understand why it went all mad all of a sudden. I'll try to fix it at Uni on Sunday when I have time, see what I can do. Thanks guys.
lover

Word

Postby lover » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Yeah, the whole explanation for it. But you're right, sorry. Thanks Bliss!
lover

Word

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:27 pm

^^ did you fix it babe? xoox Image
littlemissbad

Word

Postby lover » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:19 pm

Yup, took about 2 hours though. I'm gonna need floppy disks (I need to get with the times, I know, but they're cheap and easy to use! Lol). Thanks for asking Image.
lover

Word

Postby littlemissbad » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:39 pm

^^ you welcome. and there is nothing wrong with floppy discs lol Image

i know moses used to use them but hey... if it was good enough for moses then it good enough for me. Image
littlemissbad

Next

Return to Need Help?