[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - university-college

university-college

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

university-college

Postby shark » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:31 pm

hey people!!
It's been ages since I can post something. Notice "can". I've been kidnapped by too many law bitchy teachers who JUST LOVE tearing students down and giving us much more work that we can possibly handle. Today, I was reading these FIVE HUNDRED pages that I'll be tested on in less than a month... yeah, yeah, I should be studying, but when Im under a lot of pressure my near teenage thingy comes out and I get all rebellious. Anyway, wgat's your overall impression of uni/college/school/teachers/professors? Ever been in love with one, lol, just kidding. by the way, those who go to, or have gone, to college, what's your major/studies ..you know...?
shark
Shannen Wanna Be

university-college

Postby thefifthsister » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:38 pm

I major in Music Technology... in fact, that is all I study. That's the overall course. It's split up into different classes like songwriting, audio recording, studio engineering, arts management, context (theory) and a few others I can't remember at the minute.

Overall, it's okay except I don't like my Context assignment cause I can't concentrate on it. The other assignments so far are okay, and quite fun. I love my Songwriting and Music class because I get to write songs and music and I do that for a hobby.

Was so stressed at the weekend with it all but I'm having a good week this week. Tomorrow I'm in the recording studio for two hours working on delay effects with microphones. Looking forward to it!

And my teachers are really supportive and a lot of fun. They try to make things interesting. Most of them use a lot of bands as reference and examples of what they want us to try to recreate or to give us an idea of what they are trying to explain.

Woah, this was a long reply. Sorry

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister
Very Important Shannen Fan

university-college

Postby AotearoaTPPinot » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Right now I'm doing my general education classes. However, I am going to major in screenwriting. I like the film industry. However I'm also keeping my options open about maybe being a director. Because also, the screenwriting thing has a portfolio at the end and um, well just in case I don't get in to that program, I've been thinking about directing, but its definitely the film industry. I've been thinking about acting too possibly. Film industry all the way for me!
"Byrneperfection" "Anam Cara"

AotearoaTPPinot
Major Shannen fan

university-college

Postby lover » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:23 pm

That's a great thread. I've noticed all students do at Uni is complain. They know what expects them, yet they ALL, no exceptions, still complain, myself included. Haha. That's a great thread.

Five Hundred pages is a LOT! I've only started, so it's just endless articles and a few short books, all of which have nothing to do with what I'm taking! I've studying Literature and end up getting articles about Freud, The Bible, Art and Linguistics. And other ridiculous articles from professors who think they know everything.

I think Uni is weird. It's important, but some people shouldn't be teachers, definitely not Uni professors. I have this dumb teacher, who is nice but she's so retarded. Someone criticized her and she told her that if she didn't get something, she should look in an Encyclopedia. OK, first off, that's Wikipedia for you. Lol. Secondly, WTF? You're supposed to teach her, not the comp!

On the other hand, they can't be bothered to teach, so they put everything online and tell you to just print it and read it. All I've done is read 100 articles that haven't helped me in any way, mostly about the Bible!

I do, however, have 3 very good teachers. One that everybody likes, because he's just charming, one that's not very smart but is very friendly with everyone and another one who's a lovely person, but what she teaches is so boring! Image. This Uni needs to get normal, I reckon. But there are some funny people there to pass the time with.

School for itself was better in any way, you could do what you wanted! Lol. Teachers weren't respected though. At Uni, the students really want to learn and really respect their professors (mostly), school kids are awful.

Oh, and not in love, but I have a little crush on one of my teachers now! Lol.
lover

university-college

Postby shannenfallenangel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:22 am

I think uni is 100 times better than school. I now have way less hours on my timetable, and I get to concentrate on the subject I love: media. I do hate having to do an elective each term, though! Grrr... Anyhow, I manage to work in different shows I like in every possible situation. So far, I have managed:

30 Rock - in an essay about media and globalisation
BH 90210 - in a presentation about race
Buffy - in a presentation about feminism
Charmed - in response to a presentation about feminism
Studio 60 - in an essay about media and globalisation

That's all I can think of for now!

shannenfallenangel

university-college

Postby shannenismyhero » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 am

So many artsy people on here i love it. Any way im a Theater majour but i love Music to. I love Music so much I wanna minor in it. woo any way right now im takeinmg algebra one(death), Theater 101, readign 095 and Chorus 2
shannenismyhero
New Shannen Fan

university-college

Postby alwaysastar » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:09 pm

I'm doing English, Media and Cultural Studies, last year now, yes!!!
alwaysastar

university-college

Postby lover » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:31 pm

lover

university-college

Postby shannenfallenangel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Well since I live in Brighton, UK, most people are really artsy and weird. It's really cool Image You still get the people that think that arts subjects aren't really degrees, but they're out-numbered!! Image

shannenfallenangel

university-college

Postby littlemissbad » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:06 pm

im going to uni to study mental health nursing in march 09.

then im going to go on and do community mental health. xoox Image
littlemissbad

Next

Return to Coffee House