What is your theory?

Talk about Shannen's role as Kate and any of the other characters!

What is your theory?

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:46 pm

This is one of my all time favourite movies.... I'm currently watching it on my phone at my Grandparent's house whilst the whole family watches football (soccer to all you US citizens Image)

Everytime I was this film I come up with a new explanation and I thought that I'd share them with you and see what you came up with too.

1. When she is "drowning" in the river her life flashes before her eyes. Her mind wasn't originally able to cope with the loss of Paul. She sees the whole thing again but because it is replaying in her mind she relives it all again

but personally I go with the next theory

2. Fate gives her another chance to have a happy life. She can't move on with her life after Paul's death and fate gives her a chance to see what happened and allow her to live happily with David and Meghan. She did live the whole thing the first time round but couldn't deal with it.

Any other theories?
Last edited by thefifthsister on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
thefifthsister
Very Important Shannen Fan

What is your theory?

Postby marissalu415 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:54 pm

I agree with your second theory. =]
marissalu415

What is your theory?

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:13 pm

I prefer the second one too. Thought of it walking down the street the other day whilst I was watching the beginning of the film. I think about it for days after and this is the closest I think I have come to figuring it out Image
thefifthsister

What is your theory?

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:40 pm

to be honest i could not make head nor tail of this movie.
but i loved it none the less.
and does any one eles think that david (julian macmahon) is by far more SEXY than paul. i mean come on.......
go with david he's like grrrrrrrrr hot Image
(i love him)
xoxo
littlemissbad

What is your theory?

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:48 pm

It is weird, I think Julian is way hotter in Another Day then he was in Charmed.

Yes, he was yummy in this Image

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

What is your theory?

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:56 pm

ohh baby, he's lush all the time. Image
xoxo Image
littlemissbad

What is your theory?

Postby shannbefan96x » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 am

I think you are right I totally agree.
shannbefan96x
Major Shannen fan

What is your theory?

Postby marissalu415 » Thu May 01, 2008 2:34 am

Julian McMahon is hot stuff. He and Shannen have such great chemistry, both in Another Day and Charmed. I loved them together in "The Good, the Bad and the Cursed." Even though they hated each other, they were really great together. Shannen and Julian were dating when they filmed that episode right? You can kind of tell at times. Like when he had her pinned up against the wall, it kind of seemed like she liked it. But if they were dating, they did a really good job hating each other, lol. Woah, i'm getting way off topic....

Shannen and Julian were amazing in Another Day, and i'm glad Kate ended up with David. =]
marissalu415

What is your theory?

Postby thefifthsister » Sat May 03, 2008 12:20 am

I swear everytime I see the ending my smile is bigger than the last time I watched it.

I'm glad that the ended up together but that she never stopped loving Paul.

The second chance allowed her to live her life again, mainly for Meghan's sake aswell as her own.

She knew the truth about what happened meaning Meghan wouldn't grow up hearing all the nasty comments about her Dad.

Definitely going with my second theory..... but it was a second chance for both her and Meghan.

I love this movie and the last line is just amazing.... "You can never change the past, but you can change the future"
thefifthsister

What is your theory?

Postby sweissman » Tue May 20, 2008 4:43 am

I'd have to say it's probably a combination of both, Kate couldn't move on from Paul because she knew there was more to the story than people believed and she couldn't let it go until she knew, which as it turned out she did she just couldn't really remember; so in that case, I think fate gave her another chance to see what happened so she could move on.

As we know, she didn't change anything so it couldn't really be that she got another chance at a life with him, she just got to remember what she forgot I think and to see the truth of it so she could tell the others and Megan wouldn't have to hear about what a bad guy her father was; and that once Kate remembered she could move on with David and try to have a happy life she'd been denied for so long because she couldn't get over what happened with Paul that day. The reason I think she remembered when she was "drowning" is based on the scene where she went to see Ralph at the end and you could just tell he knew she remembered the truth of it all; I would think if she came back he'd remember events changing as well since he was a key factor in what happened, but since it didn't seem that way and nothing really changed from most remembered I have to think it was really her who remembered and not so much went back to change anything.

Just my thoughts on the idea, hope they helped. Image
sweissman
Shannen Fanatic

Next

Return to Another Day