[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Advice Needed!!

Advice Needed!!

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Advice Needed!!

Postby korilee » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:32 am

I haven't been on in a while, but, I need some advice....

My mom's has had multiple strokes and a heart attack. But the major problem was/is her kidneys. She has renal artery failure and I've just bben told by my dad that he goes tomorrow to learn how to work a home dialysis machine. She will go some time in the next 2 weeks to have catheter inserted into an artery to help clean her blood. I'm 43 years old and I'm scared. My mom has been my best friend and I feel/know that is the beginning of the end.

I guess what I'm asking for is some kind of something to help me through this.
korilee
Shannen Wanna Be

Advice Needed!!

Postby alwaysastar » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:21 pm

I think that no matter what we tell you that you arent likely to forget the seriousness of the situation honey. But maybe look at it another way. If you are scared, imagine what your mom must be feeling like even if maybe she doesnt show it to you. So my only advice is to stay strong and positive if not for your own benefit for your moms. Hope this helps a little x x
alwaysastar
Very Important Shannen Fan

Advice Needed!!

Postby kris » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:55 pm

Sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is to worry about some one you're close too and care about. Family are so important that it's hard to imagine being without them. Take one day at a time and be greatful that even though she may be on dialysis and might be ill she's still here and she's still the same mum you love and have spent your life with. Remember you can come talk to us anytime. Stay strong, you'll be in my prayers.

x.
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris

Advice Needed!!

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:59 pm

sorry to hear your news kori. bliss is right, stay strong for your mum and she will get through this. keep praying and staying positive though and remember we are all here. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Advice Needed!!

Postby korilee » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:04 am

Thanks you guys, I need all the encouragement and prayers you can give! Sometimes it's hard to remember the "old days" when I look at her and see what's happening to her now. This is why I love this site, no matter what is going on in your life, someone will have an encouraging word that helps get back on your feet or reminds you of what you still have.

Thanks Image
Last edited by korilee on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
korilee
Shannen Wanna Be

Advice Needed!!

Postby xxprincessxx » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:30 pm

im so sorry and cn neva no ow u feel bt be strong 4 u n ur mum n enjoy every minute you have together and neva be afraid to ask for help if ur finding it really hard even if it is something really silly.We will always be here 4 u no matter wt
xxprincessxx
New Shannen Fan

Advice Needed!!

Postby korilee » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:34 am

Thanks. My mom had her surgery yesterday and so far so good. Within the next couple of weeks we have to go through training on how to administer the home dialysis. This should be interesting because I've never seen it done.
korilee
Shannen Wanna Be

Advice Needed!!

Postby kris » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:26 pm

But you can learn and you're willing to which is the main thing. I'm glad to hear your mums surgery went well because the waiting is always the hardest part.
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris

Advice Needed!!

Postby alwaysastar » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:51 pm

alwaysastar

Advice Needed!!

Postby alessandraminetti » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Yes! Me =
alessandraminetti
Shannen Fanatic

Return to Need Help?