[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Introducing....Me!

Introducing....Me!

Are you new to these message boards? Would you like to introduce yourself and find new friends? Click here and let us know more about you!

Introducing....Me!

Postby robbie2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:20 pm

Welcome to the boards
robbie2
Very Important Shannen Fan

Introducing....Me!

Postby KiwiGirl » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:22 am

welcome to the boards
KiwiGirl

Introducing....Me!

Postby enchanted » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Nice introduction! =)

Clearly a die-hard fan there!

Im new to this myself, and this is my second ever post...although Ive had this account for a few months...

I signed up after years of watching charmed being enchanted by the woman. She just has a presence...

SInce, Ive been reading up on her, just checking out what shes been doing before and after...I cant really get enough. =)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, convey my love, and inspire myself to post a lot more frequently and get to know you guys =)

Grant
(enchanted) Image
Last edited by enchanted on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enchanted
New Shannen Fan

Introducing....Me!

Postby ronny » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:34 pm

Heya welcome here
ronny

Introducing....Me!

Postby lil4leafclover » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:41 pm

It's GREAT to meet you!!! Welcome Image

Yeah I am fed up with media too Image

But they like to make things up just to attract the attention and get lots of money Image

See you around!

xoxo

~Lil4leafclover
lil4leafclover
Major Shannen fan

Introducing....Me!

Postby magijohn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:00 pm

magijohn

Introducing....Me!

Postby lil4leafclover » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:29 am

You're definitely right.

I just don't understand why people can't leave celebrities alone though. Can't we just worry about our own lives, just how every celeb out there worry about theirs. It's not like they aren't human, they are the same as us. Maybe people have a tendency to forget. But I still can't imagine how they must feel about everything. They must feel insecure especially if they are chosen to be a target for the media. But consistenly?? Why don't people just get over it! Okay, maybe some celebs have made mistakes in their own past, but don't we all. We live and we learn from them. Life goes on. It's just so pathetic to see media bringing it up again. It gets old. Why can't people see this? If there were more people out there that felt this way then the media would be out of business. Then things can settle down.

Really... I just want everyone to be happy, and everyone to be treated equally. Also for no one to EVER judge anyone for their past mistakes.

xoxo

~Lil4leafclover
lil4leafclover
Major Shannen fan

Introducing....Me!

Postby magijohn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:05 am

Sadly, whenever someone makes the points you've made, the age old argument surfaces. "Hey, they knew what they were in for when they took an acting job! You want the fame and fortune, you take all that goes with it." This is, to a point, a valid argument. When you accept fame, you accept fans and critics alike. You must expect people to interupt your daily life asking for autographs or telling you how much they adore whatever it is that you've done. On the other side of the coin, you must also deal with the slings and arrows of those who do not adore you for whatever reason.

In my opinion, as long as people keep the praise and damnation contained to your work or what you choose to share, that is fine and acceptable. Digging into the past, paying past aquaintances for old info on you, spying on your every move, going through your trash....., these are ethically questionable at best and persecution at worst.

However, when it comes to the judgement of past mistakes, this is not what the press does. We do. It's the public's reaction to things that make or break a story's importance. We are the final judges as to a performers fate, we cast our jury votes with our dollars. If major studios thought millions would flock to theaters to see Miss Doherty in a summer blockbuster, that is just what she would be doing. Sadly, they don't. Just as we made them think this, it's us that must make them change their minds. How? That's for an entirely different thread elsewhere.

.....Holy crap! Did i just write that? Jeez, not one joke in that whole mess. I must be losin' it!Image
magijohn

Introducing....Me!

Postby lil4leafclover » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:14 pm

Hello ^^;

Thank-you very much for the reply. This is probably not the best place to be discussing this topic though XD

I just wanted to say, you do have a point. I guess those are the consequences of being famous. That just reminds me why I wouldn't want to become an actress. I guess I just feel bad for them. They just work really hard to make us fans happy with their performances. They provide us with entertainment. Without actresses/actors in a movie.. What good will that bring? I just think that they deserve better than some of the consequences they have to deal with. It's not like they literally have a sign on their head saying, "Oh, hello look at me, why don't you just write allll the negative things about me.."

Well not matter what I say, it won't change a thing, so I am going to stop. But thank-you very much for helping me understand more Image

xoxo

~Lil4leafclover

lil4leafclover
Major Shannen fan

Introducing....Me!

Postby magijohn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:15 am

magijohn

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions