My head of year just died.

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Postby kris » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:48 pm

Okay so I know this should probably be in the help section but I already have a thread in there which I'm guna update and I really just need more people to see it for some comforting mega quickly. I don't think I've cried so much in like three years!

But If Di or one of the other admins wants to move it they can - i'll understand.

I'd just been getting my hair done and was in a really good happy mood because of that...

BUT, then I got home forgetting I'd left myself signed in on MSN and someone in the year below left me a message saying that my Head of Year died last night from a heart attack.

Man I just didn't know what to do. I didn't know if it was a rumour but then it's not exactly something to joke about.

About 15 minutes later one of my mates signed onto MSN so I told her and she said she already knew but it was from pneumonia. She'd been off sick a while but we all thought it was just stress Image But atleast it meant that it's not a rumor but I still just don't know what to do.

She was one of my favourite teachers too. I had her for GCSE english and she basically inspired me to actually want to do english at A-level and taught me everything I know about it. She was the kind of person who respected every single one of her students and treated them as young adults - not as school kids. She listened. I always felt like I could trust her with anything and she was just - well an amazing woman. I just can't believe this is true. I can't stop crying and I can't tell anyone because I'm just too shocked right now to even leave my room. I'm going out tonight which we'd planned for a while but I'm so scard to go because I know for a fact I'll drink, I'll cry and I'll cut because I'm so fraked out by this.

I've never lost anyone close to me before and even though we werent exactly that close this has completely hit me and knocked me down. It just doesn't feel real.

R.I.P Eileen. We Love you x.
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby nele » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:12 pm

I`ve lost anyone close to me a week ago! Don`t really know what to say about that story but I think to experienced something like this on the way of a chat is hard to accept...
love,
Nele
nele
New Shannen Fan

Postby Letizia » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:37 pm

Oh yes,Nele!!!!Xoxo Image Image
Letizia

Postby msyana » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:47 pm

Don't worry about it Kris i can understand why you made a new thread so people who arent checking the help section can give you some comfort here.

I will keep it here for the weekend and move it over too the help section of the board next monday. This gives people a chance to help you out while checking out the Coffee House.

As i said in the other thread BIG HUGS from me.

/hugs and love

Yana
Last edited by yana on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msyana

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:37 pm

sorry to hear your news kris, that's awful. when i was in 6th year at high school my geography teacher died suddenly of a heart attack too as i know how you feel. my teacher was also my guidance head too and was a special person to lots.

the pain will lessen with time and remember kris others in the school are feeling the same.
Sarah-Lucy

Postby divine » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:01 pm

It is always hard to loose someone who is special to you...
just try to hold on to the good things in your heart and like Lucy said, the pain will fade away as time passes....

Hope you feel better
divine

Postby kris » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:16 pm

Thankyou all.

Today was so hard. All of my year was in bits over it. Everyone was just completely lost without her. The place isn't the same at all. Most of the teachers were just as upset so yer but our year is going insane because the year 12's had no respect at all. I got so angry and upset because of them.

We had an emergency assembly and i was keeping it together trying to just carry on and be practical like she would've wanted us too. The assembly was beautiful and really touching. She would have been honoured.I was rounf the other building twice today so I found it so hard having to go past her office. The second time I just ran out of there because it was too much, but they left it open so you could go in and pay your respects if you wanted to. i was mega shaking going past there and yer...I couldn't go in no matter how much i wanted to, I just stood outside staring through the window crying expecting her to be there for a bit crack on and a smile like she did everytime we saw eachother and I went round to the other building. It was wierd.

I was on edge I guess and I went to my lessons pretty shaken up but still able to control myself and try and keep going. We all had to be strong for eachother, Teachers and sixth form because we were all really devestated about it; but then these crappy yr12s sat there in maths going 'to be fair im not even that botherd' 'yer, i didnt even like her anyway' 'i know, why the hell are they all crying over it' and I got really angry and upset and started crying again and since then I've been in tears for most of the day. I hated being with the year12's, they didnt understand like my year, they didn't know her like we did and it was so heartless of them to say that.

Man it's taken all my strength to stop myself crying and cutting. I've been keeping strong by saying that she wouldn't want me to do it. She would want me to be strong and by goign over things she'd said to me to keep me sane. She'll be missed so much, I doubt whether anyone will be able to hold it together this week. We have the day off tomorrow because it's Personal Development day which meand we go in for a ten minute appointment. I reckon there'll be a lot of breakdowns in the year13 tutor rooms.

I'll let you know how it goes.

x.

R.I.P
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:50 pm

^your doing great kris and just remember we are all hear to listen and everyone in your school shall be feeling the same. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby kris » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Thankyou.

I was asked to sing at her funeral on Saturday and I agreed. It's an honour and I know I'll be upset at the funeral but it's a nice way to give something back. Soory I can't say much because I need to leave for the christmas concert and grab a cup of something hot to soothe my throat but I'll update you all later.

Thanks again for the support x.
kris

Next

Return to Need Help?