sister help

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

sister help

Postby anna16 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:29 am

ok i got back home on thursday n got a VERY big shock to see my big sister-whilst i was away her boyfriend of 1 year dumped her and was an absolute bastard about it-he is 26 now going out with a 16yo which is not cool if you ask me . anyway my sis got really down about it all as you can imagine but when i saw her she is literally skin and bone! mum has sent her to many clinics and everyone ahs been really supportive of her but i kid you not when i say she looks thinner than courteney cox-no bad example thinner than kirra knightly-save her chest which is still bigger than mine-so i dont really know whether she has an eating dissorder or why she's lost so much weight n isnt really eating anymore. I'm well worried cos she has a 2yo little girl too n my sisters n i were always well clos-like very very close n we told each other EVERYTHING but now she's just shut herself up n wont talk to me about it
i know this is probably petty n all but i dunno it was just a shock to be away for 6 months and to come back to see her like this!
anna16
Shannen Fanatic

sister help

Postby kt73 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:08 pm

that is not petty at all anna! especially coming home expecting everything to be how it was and it being different like that. i dont really know what you can do apart from just sticking by your sister and trying to boost her self esteem. trying to make her realise that she is so much better than him and doesnt need him. even though she has shut herself up just keep being there for her, i'm sure that she really really wants someone to talk to about everything but is just too scared/embarrassed about it. when she feels like she needs to talk she will need you guys to be there for her. i dont really know what other advice to give but i hope everything starts looking up. keep us posted on how she is. i will pm you later anna xx
kt73
Very Important Shannen Fan

sister help

Postby tigger422 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:20 pm

This isn't at all petty, and I'm sure this is a huge shock. If I were you, I would just keep trying to talk to her. She is sad and confused and probably doesn't know what to do or who to turn to. She might have trust issues and might not want to be close to anyone right now for fear of rejection. All I can say is be there for her when she needs to talk, and let her know that her family would never desert her. As for the eating problems, I don't know that much about that kind of stuff, but you might try tempting her with her favorite foods, or offering to take her to her favorite restraunt. I hope this helps.
tigger422
Very Important Shannen Fan

sister help

Postby ronnyprue » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:40 am

Iam realy sorry to hear that. I hope that your sis be fine and start eat soon.... She needs to forget her ex i know it is difficult but she needs to try. I dont know what to say else but if i were you i be more next to her and support her even more. I try to make her eat! If it is not for her sake its for her daughter sake!
ronnyprue
New Shannen Fan

sister help

Postby alessandraminetti » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:01 am

alessandraminetti
Shannen Fanatic

Return to Need Help?