Neck probs

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Neck probs

Postby monkeylover » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:07 pm

when i was 3 me and friend were playin around in a bar when someone knocked into a bar table with loadsa glasses on it and it fell on the bottom of my chin, cutting up all my face and nearly breaking my neck. and i have had trouble with it ever since

recently it has been so bad to the point where i break down in tears.

does anyone know of anything that can ease the pain or help in anyway

Amy
xx
monkeylover
Very Important Shannen Fan

Neck probs

Postby kellyloveshannen » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:50 am

Sorry to hear that Image
I'm also sorry to say that i don't know how i can help, the only thing i say is go to the doctor's but you've probaly already have been there.
I hope everything will get better.. Image

Love,
Kelly
kellyloveshannen

Neck probs

Postby topshannenfan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:32 pm

hey Amy

getting a bad neck is horrible because it effects how much you can move and everything. i had a bad neck a few weeks ago and i had to lie down with an ice pack on it. the cold from the ice pack helped to numb the pain a little and sitting places where your neck is supported like chairs with high backs not these stupid computer chairs where your neck has no support Image

i hope it starts to feel better soon
Erin x
topshannenfan

Neck probs

Postby monkeylover » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:08 am

thanks for the advice erin, the chair thing works for me. yay.
monkeylover

Neck probs

Postby topshannenfan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:40 am

^^^np glad it helps Image
topshannenfan

Neck probs

Postby alwaysastar » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:31 pm

Hot bath and neck massage works wonders for me. Hope its feeling a little better x
alwaysastar

Neck probs

Postby shandofan1 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:44 am

heyy....so i've had a really bad neck ever since i was little...and what would happen to me (dont worry....im not trying to change the sub. just lettin u kno what happened n what i did to help it) is that i would get such bad stiff necks...that like you i would littlerly start to cry...and also something that most ppl dont kno is that a soar throate or something like strep throat can give you a stiff neck....i see a chyropracter who is verry gentil and specilizes in being gentil...she pretty mucch messages my neck back into place....n hardly has to crack it at all (which is something i hate) you might want to look into that....also what i do is put a hot compress on it/ keep a scarf on becase the heat helps NEVER ice it that will make it worse....problems from your neck (and i kno that you said how you got yours....but some of these things might irritate it more) can also be caused by things like how you sit...if you carry a heavy bag....even what type of shose you wear....flats arnt good b/c you loose the arch....so those might be some things to look out for....feel free to pm me if you have any question! hope that you start to feel better soon!
shandofan1
Major Shannen fan

Neck probs

Postby monkeylover » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 pm

thanks for the advice shandofan1

i didnt know the thing about the shoes and my heavy school bag proably doesnt help the problem. i have taken it all on board and it is starting to feel so much better
monkeylover

Neck probs

Postby shandofan1 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:16 am

im glad that your feeling better...oh and btw....my name is Mia
shandofan1
Major Shannen fan

Neck probs

Postby monkeylover » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:32 am

ok then, mine is amy but you probably already knew that
monkeylover