[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Can anyone help?

Postby karlacharmdprue » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:52 am

Im 14 and im living at home with my parents and my brother and sister. My dad...he is the problem. I dont know why my mom is still with him. Nearly everyday of the week when he is finished work he goes to a womans house who he is sleeping with. I know this is not the first time he has been unfaithful. I have read the messages on his phone.

He is also very abbusive and on the verge of becoming an alcoholic. He smokes 24/7 in the house and everyday he either breaks something of mine or me. I am truely scared of him. Whenever he walks in the front door i get an uncontrolable shiver. I cant stop him from hitting me or my little sister(11) because he is too strong. He puts me down everyday. I am not good at math or science etc and everday he tells me im a 'retard' and 'stupid' and 'fat'. He bitches about my grades and how i need grinds in maths to pass and that i will never become a musician because i 'cant play 1 song on guitar' and that i will never amount to anything or get into college.

My moms parents died when she was young and his parents know about the abuse but they refuse to do anything. I have no one to turn too! I have told my closest friends and they try and comfort me but nothing can stop him. I do not feel safe in my own home. I feel safer on the street at 1am then i do at home.

I dont know what to do. I have no one to turn to. Can somebody help?
karlacharmdprue
New Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby shannenchicafan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:19 am

you need to go to the cops. i dont know where you live. but i know life in florida they have department of child and family services like they places kids in foster homes and stuff. it don't know about your mom but it seems like you are ok with her. but you need to go to authority that can help get you and the rest of your family out or go to the cops that could put him behind bares for abusing you.
shannenchicafan
Very Important Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby karlacharmdprue » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:37 am

Thats the problem my dad well he supplys the family with money...if he goes to jail i stop going to school and wont see my friends everyday...but i live in ireland and things are different here...child abuse isnt as serious over here as it is over in america...which is stupid
karlacharmdprue
New Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby shannenchicafan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:24 am

oh ok. so it is harder for me to give you advice as we live in 2 different countries. i am sorry then. but wish you the best. i have a strong opinion on smoking so what i will say is make sure your not aroung him when he smokes. if he does in the house. lock yourself in your room second hand smoke is just as bad. please keep us informed on how things are
shannenchicafan

Can anyone help?

Postby alwaysastar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:54 am

Honey, call childline, they can give you advice and you can do it anonamously as well. Just see what they have to say then decide what your best options are from there.
alwaysastar

Can anyone help?

Postby karlacharmdprue » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:04 pm

Ok thanks 4 the advice
karlacharmdprue
New Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby mothergoose21 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:13 pm

mothergoose21
Shannen Fanatic

Can anyone help?

Postby karlacharmdprue » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:41 am

My mom dosnt care...i've lived with it since i was born i guess another 4 years wont matter. I cant stop him and even if i try he'll just get worse. Like Shannen said in one of her posts life isnt always good i just have to see the beauty of it. So i'll just focus on school and try and leave this house asap!
karlacharmdprue
New Shannen Fan

Can anyone help?

Postby sarahconnor » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:31 am

A classic form of child abuse. Does he hit your mother? If he hits you and your sister, chances are he hits her, too, when you are not around. This would be domestic abuse, but it seems your mum isn't all that interested in doing anything.

No offence, but your parents are screwed. It's sick how a mother could stand by and watch her kids get beaten by their fathers, but does nothing to prevent it.

You need, like Haylie said, to go to the cops. Hitting kids is illegal and your dad has commited a crime. He is also dangerous for breaking things, and smoking in the house isn't helping anyone.

The police can help you, even if you have to miss school, getting out of your present situation, getting away from the abuse and violence is far more important.

And don't listen to your dad when he says you are stupid for not getting good grades-he's a moron. I am sure you are doing the best you can in school, and if you get a D for something, that's good, because at least you have the satisfation of knowing you did your best.

I wish you luck. Image
sarahconnor

Next

Return to Need Help?