[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Don't forget - Growing the big one - tonight

Don't forget - Growing the big one - tonight

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Postby shell » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Your Welcome Sarah-Lucy. Image

I know I am defently going to have an exciting week next week and I have said that many times over, but it's just not Shannen's book and Growing The Big One that I should get next week.

I have another DVD I have been waiting for gets released on Monday. Image
shell
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby semicharmed » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Is there a site where I can watch it online in English?

I don't have cable (I never watched it and got rid of it). The only one I can find is Russian I believe and netflix doesn't have it.
semicharmed
New Shannen Fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:45 am

Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:08 am

A really nice bio of Shannen for once!! Image

Shannen Doherty / Emma

Memphis, Tennessee native Shannen Doherty has made a name for herself over the years in the popular long-running television shows “Beverly Hills, 90210” and “Charmed,” and in the classic movies “Heathers” and “Mallrats.” Her extensive work onscreen and in film has spanned almost three decades, after receiving her first role at the age of ten in the series, “Father Murphy.”

Doherty’s mother, an owner of a beauty salon, and father, a mortgage consultant, moved her and older brother Sean to Los Angeles when Doherty was only seven years old, and she caught the acting bug. Shortly after, Doherty earned a recurring role as Jenny Wilder on the popular eighties hit, “Little House on the Prairie” when she was noticed by producer Michael Landon.

Doherty went on to star in the family drama, “Our House,” garnering several Young Artist Award nominations. She also was cast in the 1988 film, “Heathers,” opposite Winona Ryder, and in the 1985 hit, “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun,” with a then-almost-unknown Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt. Her big break came in 1990, however, when she was cast alongside Jason Priestly as his character’s twin, Brenda Walsh, in Aaron Spelling’s hit teen drama series, “Beverly Hills, 90210,” which enjoyed a ten-year run. Doherty left the show in 1994, but not before it earned her two Young Artist Award nominations for Best Young Actress in a Television Series. She recently revised her role as Brenda in the CW television network’s spin-off version of the show, “90210,” alongside former castmate Jennie Garth and was also part of the 10th season of the ABC hit reality series, “Dancing With The Stars.”

In 1998, Spelling cast Doherty in another hit series, “Charmed,” as Prue Halliwell, the oldest sister of three who discover they are witches. Doherty was nominated for two Saturn Awards for the role, and directed numerous episodes. Between those two series projects, Doherty starred in several made-for-TV movies, including “Jailbreakers,” “Friends ‘Til the End” and “Sleeping with the Devil.” From 2004 to 2005, Doherty also had a recurring role on the short-lived series, “North Shore.”

In recent years, Doherty has hosted the Sci Fi Channel’s candid camera show, “Scare Tactics,” and her own reality show, “Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty.” She is next set to star in the 2010 independent film, “Burning Palms,” alongside Dylan McDermott, which is a satire based on Los Angeles stereotypes.

Doherty lives in Malibu, California with two dogs, and owns a horse ranch in Ventura County.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY!!

Kristin Marie
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Sarah-Lucy

Postby shell » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi Sarah-Lucy.

It should work when I receive it I hope as my laptop will play region 1s as thay are the only ones I play on it.

Most laptops I know will play all regions you just have to becarful if you keep changing the regions back or it will eventually get stuck on the last one it played as you only have so many tries.

That's a mistake I nearly made with my last laptop and it nearly got stuck on region 2 till I changed it on the very last try so all the laptop would play was region 1s which was good as then I still had a place to play them.

So I don't do it with this laptop I have now. I just play region 1s only and play my region 2s in my DVD player.

So your computer may beable to play other regions, but I am not sure with the most recent laptops and computers if they can. I think it will be most likly they can. The one I have now is 3 years old and my other one my mum has now got is 6 years old.

So I hope that has helped you more Sarah-Lucy and I have also answered your messages on Twitter. Image
shell

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:44 pm

^ thanks 4 ur help shell Image

sadly i dont own a laptop only a pc so that's where my problem is. all american dvd's will not play any european dvd machines. hard lines to me eh? Image

i hope you enjoy the dvd though and give me ur little report once you have seen it. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby shell » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:24 am

Hi Sarah-Lucy.

Your welcome for my help. It might work on PCs but don't take my word for it as I have never tried it on one.

I only found out 4 years ago I could watch region 1 DVDs on laptops when one of my old school friends told me it was possible because he has a lot of DVDs from the USA.

So when I went to the states back then I brought my first region 1 DVD and tried it on my old laptop and it worked after it came up with the region option to turn it to play region 1 DVDs. Image

Anyway I will still tell you about it when I recieve it anytime after Nov 2nd. I think I will enjoy it from what others have said about it that it's great. Image

I might upload pics of the DVD cover when I have it on Twitter to prove that I will have it. Image
shell

Postby katerina4 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:56 am

i am from greece so it woulb be impossible for me to see it that soon!! in my ccountry the movie will be on air a year from now!but i will see it on yt i hope someone will upload it!
katerina4
New Shannen Fan

Postby Dianna » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Dianna
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Shannen News