Heathers Heads for TV

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Heathers Heads for TV

Postby shannifan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm

That sounds good, although I can´t really imagine at the moment what it would be like! I just watched the film (that I really liked) because of Shannen, but if she won´t be in the show I dunno whather I´d watch it, I already watch too many shows!

Thanks for posting! Image
shannifan
Very Important Shannen Fan

Heathers Heads for TV

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:39 pm

i heard about this. if it werent for shannen in it though i wouldnt watch. i read that this film is sarah-michelle gellar's favorite film. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Heathers Heads for TV

Postby DontFailMeNow » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 pm

I don't really know how i'd feel about the show until i watch it...
DontFailMeNow

Heathers Heads for TV

Postby thefifthsister » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:23 pm

This is one in a few new shows that have came from movies. I'm not so thrilled about it considering they're trying to launch Heathers as a musical. I really wish there would be something original!!

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

Heathers Heads for TV

Postby shannenfallenangel » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:02 pm

'The fear is that it would have to seriously have its teeth pulled in these post-Columbine times, but we can see a TV series working, especially given the diary-entry structure of the film. Do you agree, or do you wonder what everyone's damage is?' - Empire

I think it could be interesting but it is a touchy subject with the society we live in now. As sad as all the high school shootings such as Columbine are, films like Heathers are not to blame. Neither are they suggesting that it is in fact cool to kill your school friends or commit suicide. It's a dark tale pointing out the dangers of both and at the end of the day, it's just a film.

Without the original cast, it's gonna be weird but I'd give it a go anyway.

shannenfallenangel

Heathers Heads for TV

Postby shannenfallenangel » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:25 am

New info:

TheDailyBeast.com:

'The ‘80s B1tches Are Back
The classic mean girl comedy, 1988’s Heathers, is coming back…as a TV show for Fox. There have been talks of bringing the movie to Broadway or back to the screen, but Lakeshore Entertainment President Gary Lucchesi told Variety that “We talked about doing a film remake at times, but doing it for TV seemed like a fresh and original idea.” Of course, the entertainment blogs have already started their dream casting for a modern-day Winona Ryder and Christian Slater.'

Also...

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2009/08/27/classic-80s-high-school-flick-heathers-to-be-remade-into-a-tv-series-weve-got-casting-ideas/

'In today's edition of '80s movies getting a 21st-century makeover: "Heathers," the TV show (just two weeks, it was "St. Elmo's Fire"). According to Variety the dark comedy is being revamped for the small screen by writer Mark Rizzo and "Sex and the City" alum Jenny Bicks.

The original '88 film starred Winona Ryder as high schooler Veronica, part of a mean-girl clique comprised of girls named Heather. When dreamy newcomer J.D. (Christian Slater) catches Veronica's eye, she rebels against her "friends," who one-by-one fall prey to her and J.D.'s deadly plot.

As of yet, no actors are attached to the series, so you know what that means. Hollywood Crush casting time! Here are our picks for the "Heathers" remake.

For Veronica, we envision "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" actressKat Dennings (below, second from left). We get the feeling from Kat, that like Winona, she wouldn't be able to handle too much B.S. from the Heathers before taking matters into her own hands.

The role of Veronica's murderous other half, J.D., has to go to someone with a pretty boy face and an underlying dark side. We nominate "90210" swindler Josh Henderson for the task. (He may have lost out on the role of Riley in "Eclipse," but that doesn't mean he can't still play a villain!)

For the Heathers...let's start with Miss Duke, originally played by Shannen Doherty. We think Kat's "House Bunny" costar Emma Stone (below, second from the left) has the pretty face and lovely auburn locks needed to fill Shannen shoes.

No one's perfected bitchy better than Leah Pipes (have you seen our "Sorority Row" exclusive clip yet?), so you better believe she'd be a perfect fit for Heather McNamara, originally played by Lisanne Falk (above, second from right). And for the head Heather Miss Duke, "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" actress Leven Rambin is a dead-ringer for Kim Walker (sans the '80s perm).

Click on any of the photos above to see the rest of our dream cast in a side-by-side comparison to their original counterparts.

What do you think of our casting suggestions for "Heathers"? Have someone else you'd like to nominate?'
shannenfallenangel

Return to Shannen News