[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Shannen Article...US Magaizne

Shannen Article...US Magaizne

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Postby shannendrules3 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:44 pm

Hey! It's from 1993, so it's a little old. I will post it on several posts, because it is long. Oh, I also talked to Di about it, and she said it was okay. Image

xoxoxo
Kate
Last edited by anonymous on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shannendrules3
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby shannendrules3 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:51 pm

Shannen Doherty's US Magazine Interview

Us: Why do you suppose that people want to assume you're a bitch?

Shannen: I don't know. I think one of the main problems is that my character started off very sweet and gradually she became sappy. She takes everything too seriously and feels like she's being f'ed over all the time. [People] aren't separating Shannen and Brenda Walsh. They hate the character, so they automatically hate me.

Us: Let's talk about the Billboard awards. Did you have any premonition that the crowd would not be with you?

Shannen: Yeah. I warned all my representatives that I shouldn't do it. But they said, "You're already committed, you can't back out because it will look like the Emmys. They'll blow it up into a big thing." So five minutes before I went on, I looked at my manager and said, "I'm going to get booed. I know it's going to happen. And you're responsible because you put me on here."

Us: What happened backstage?

Shannen: I was very, very, upset. I was crying, saying, "I can't believe you put me out there." I mean, it was horrible. I've never been more hurt in my entire life. Then this guy that was hanging out with Arrested Development came over and said, "Let me tell you something: You'll die, they'll die, we all die sometime and the world keeps on spinning. They don't know you. You're talented, you're beautiful, you're a great girl. So just forget it."

Us: Why do you think the audience booed you?

Shannen: Everybody thinks that I punched some girl at a bar.

Us: Did you?

Shannen: No.

Us: You're referring to the December incident with Bonita Money, what happened?

Shannen: To cut to the chase, there was tension between my table and their table from the beginning, because they wanted to sit where I was sitting and the owner of the club sat me there. So they got upset with us for sitting there. My friend - I'd rather not give his name, but it wasn't [90210 costar] Brian Austin Green - stepped on a man's foot and apologized, and [the man] didn't really accept his apology. Then Brian thought my friend said that he had stepped on this man's foot and Brian apologized. By that time we were standing in front of their table, as were leaving the club. I bent down and said, "Excuse me, what's going on?" This man looked at me and said, "I don't like you, that's what's going on." I said, "All right," and tried to pull away, but he grabbed my arm. My friend had my other arm and was trying to pull me away. I started to stand up to leave, and out of nowhere, Bonita Money, who I've never laid eyes on - never had any talk with at all - just hit me in the left cheek. Just hit me right there.

Us: Did she slap you or did she punch you?

Shannen: Kind of closed fist. I just looked at her, and I was crying. My friend and Brian grabbed me, took me into the bar. Security was called. The police arrested her, took her downstairs. They asked me if I wanted to file charges. I said yes. When they told her, she said, "Well I'm pressing charges, too." [Bonita Money responds, in part: "I think most of that's right up until the point of [my friend's] grabbing her." Money also claims she did not hit Doherty and adds "she just kind of grabbed me. Then, I grabbed her and threw her away from the table."] It's ridiculous that somebody in this world, somebody in L.A., can be so attention starved that they can hit a celebrity, get away with it, and get, so much publicity. She did A Current Affair, she did Howard Stern... I find it upsetting that all these people actually let her on their shows. We went to [the hearing], and the [hearing officer] couldn't make a clear-cut decision, so she said the charges were dropped against both parties. It's over.

Us: Do you feel satisfied with the outcome?

Shannen: No. I'm not satisfied. It says something about our judicial system, I think. The D.A.'s office should press charges against her. She got free publicity at my expense and made me look very bad... It did a lot of damage to me. I had advertising companies drop me. I lost money.

Us: Do you have a bodyguard?

Shannen: I do now.

Us: How has it affected your life?

Shannen: It's a major drag not to be able to go out and just hang with your friends and stuff. But I guess for now I have to.

Us: Is the lesson, then, that it is sometimes better to back down?

Shannen: I wasn't really raised that way, that's probably my problem. I was raised to stand up for myself, if I feel I'm in the right. Maybe it would have been best if I'd just gone home with my swollen cheek... she has a mean left hook.

Us: Earlier, you mentioned the Emmys. Why did you drop out at the last minute?

Shannen: I didn't. I dropped out Saturday morning at the rehearsal. The [script] that I got was different that the [script] that was there. Also, I felt that considering Fox was doing the Emmys, our whole cast should have been there. The cast was not given tickets. Even Aaron Spelling wasn't going. And my representatives had their problems. They came to me after rehearsal and said, "We really feel like we should take you out of the Emmys." I said, "It's going to cause a huge stink." And they said, "We'll deal with it." And I said, "I hired you guys to make decisions, so fine, I'll go with your decision."

Us: And were you satisfied with how they dealt with it?

Shannen: Well, there's only so much that you can do. People hit the press right away and lie about you. What can you say? The director, whatever his name is - I've never met him in my entire life - mad this statement that I'm this terrible lady and that I was jealous that I didn't have enough lines. I had plenty of lines; that wasn't the problem.

Us: In fact, what people said was that you were angered by the decision to let 90210 costar Jennie Garth deliver the first lines of the award presentation.

Shannen: No [laughs]. I have no problems with Jennie, despite what people think.

Us: Her recent behavior on Arsenio would indicate otherwise.

Shannen: What did she say?

Us: It was more about what she didn't say. When asked about you, her response was primarily made up of well-timed pauses.

Shannen: Jennie was afraid that I would be upset with her. But you can only defend somebody so much. From what I understand, she just felt cornered and very flustered. I totally understood where she was coming from. It's like [the 90210 cast members] don't know what to say anymore.

Us: If you were a talk-show host, how would you handle it?

Shannen: Get over it and say, "Hey, let's give this girl a shot. Let's give her a chance." Everybody deserves a second chance in this world. That's basically all I ask. Like: "Don't believe what you're reading about me. Let me prove to your what I'm like."
shannendrules3

Postby shannendrules3 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:10 pm

Us: Let's return to your relationship with your 90210 costars. What about the persistent talk of friction between you and Luke Perry? One incident, for example, involved your threatening to sue Perry for sexual harassment during, of all things a pinching-fight that escalated out of control.

Shannen: [Dry laugh] You get so sick of the bullshit that people make up. Obviously at this point, I don't care what people think.

Us: Is the story true or false?

Shannen: False. Luke and I get along. When you have a big cast, you all have problems. Everybody argues, but we're like brothers and sisters, and all make up. We all love each other. Tori and I are really good friends. Jennie and I are friends. Jason and I hang out. But other people aren't able to come to our set and observe us, so they don't really see how well we actually do get along. [laughs] My God, the things that [they say] I've done! supposedly, I wash my hair with Evian water. Like I would ever wash my hair with Evian water! For one, how do you get your hair totally clean that way? Do you pour a bottle over your head? I mean, I jump in the shower like every other human being. It's just stupid.

Us: Okay, you answered the Evian rumor. What about the rumor that you slapped several of the makeup people on TV movie 'Obsessed'?

Shannen: [shocked] Which makeup people?! No. And, as a matter of fact, I'd be more that willing to give names and phone numbers of every makeup artist I worked with. I'm not a violent person and I don't hit people, for very simple reasons: (a) I don't want to be sued, and (b) I was never hit as a child. I don't believing in hitting, period.

Us: Is it true that you've been approached by Playboy magazine?

Shannen: That's true. Playboy and I have had some talks about doing it and in what manner it would be done. Aaron Spelling did not pay me money not to do it- that's completely false. It's not a dead deal yet. They're [Playboy] pretty cool. Very easy to work with in the sense that you tell them what you don't want to do - that you're shy about certain things, that you don't want to show full breasts or whatever - and there are no arguments about it. I just don't know if it's right time in my career to do it. There's so much bad press, is it really a good time to do a Playboy shoot?

Us: In America, beauty is something that you can purchase. If you have the money, you can resculpt yourself. Is that something that you condone?

Shannen: I personally have never had anything done. I've been asked [if I had] breast implants. I don't feel it's worth my time to even comment on it. Whether I did or not, it's absolutely nobody's business but my own. But I feel that if somebody wants to have [plastic surgery], more power to them. I think there's a point where you go overboard. I mean, there's something so beautiful about women when there's aging. Crow's-feet, I think, are one of the most beautiful things on a woman. I know this sounds totally nuts, but I'm getting them and I'm psyched. I also love scars on people. Scars to me are so attractive. I have a scar here [points to the bridge of her nose], I have a scar right by me eyebrow, and I dig 'em.
shannendrules3

Postby shannendrules3 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:11 pm

Us: Have you ever read the I Hate Brenda Newsletter?

Shannen: No. [weak smile] I just read about today in the new US Magazine, [pause] "I Hate Brenda" - that's not me, that's my character. And I agree. I don't like my character. And the only people to turn to is our writers. The should probably read this newsletter. I don't think she's written properly. I would like for them to make her a little bit more believable - not quite as sappy or bitchy or whatever.

Us: One particularly mesmerizing item in the I Hate Brenda Newsletter concerns Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. He talks about your attempts to contact him. Do you know anything about this?

Shannen: [laughs] I think I was going to the MTV Music Awards and I was trying to figure out who I should take. So I said to my publicist, "I have a crush on Eddie Vedder." I've never met him, but I think he's extremely talented and very good-looking. I don't know one woman who wouldn't want the opportunity to [meet him]. So I guess my publicist called his publicist, and it turns out that he's been with the same girl for like, seven years, which I think is great. It was dropped, and that was the end of it.

Us: In his version of the story he says that you were staying at the same hotel in San Diego and invested quite a bit of energy in attempting to phone him.

Shannen: I don't think so! Did he really say that? That's pretty tacky. From what I understand, he wasn't even staying at the same hotel. My makeup artist was actually the one who was trying to get hold of him because she has a crush on him, too [laughs]. But I didn't try to call up his room or anything. Even if I did, it would make me a very normal girl. The sad part is that he felt like he had to lie and pump up his ego by saying that I did that. I just think he should have been flattered that I even wanted to meet with him at the MTV Awards, and left at that. [pause] My crush is now over.

Us: While we're on the subject of high-profile men, let's run through some names of people you've been linked with romantically. Marky Mark?

Shannen: I went out with Mark two times, with a group of people, as friends.

Us: Jason Priestley? 'US' printed a photo of you two liplocked after 1991 Emmys.

Shannen: Really Kissing? No, Jason and I probably kissed each other, but I don't think it was really kissing. I don't think there was any saliva involved. People might get confused because we're very affectionate with one another and that's only because we absolutely adore each other.

Us: You were engaged to a young man named Chris Foufas. What happened?

Shannen: I decided that I was too young to get married. Chris is a great person who I love as a friend very much. I think our friendship overtook the romance, and we both weren't ready for that step.

Us: What's the first sign that you know you're in love?

Shannen: I'll do absolutely anything for that person. If somebody pointed a gun at them, I'd throw myself in front so they wouldn't die. I can forgive the person for almost anything. The person that I've been dating recently, I feel the exact same way for.

Us: His name is -

Shannen: I'd really prefer that no names be mentioned. He knows who he is.

Us: What's the most painful lesson you've learned about romantic love?

Shannen: Oh, I don't know. I've been through so much in that department. I think the lesson that I learned is that you can't drop everything for one person. I've done that and that person has broken up with me, and I've had nothing. I'd stopped talking to my friends. You can't do that. You've got to say, "I've got my own life, my own identity." I think guys in relationships can be so much more casual that women.

Us: You've gotten a lot of flak for leading the Pledge of Allegiance at the Republican National Convention. What attracted you to the Republican Party?

Shannen: Without getting to much into it, because I realize at this point it's probably best to keep my politics to myself....

Us: Wait a second. Don't you think that you made your politics public when you decided to attend the convention?

Shannen: The thing is that this is a free country, and nobody should be criticized for their political beliefs. We're all allowed to have our opinions. I'm a conservative. I was an avid supporter of Ronald Reagan; I thought he was fabulous. I still think [Bush has] been a good president. I realize that the majority of people in the entertainment business happen to be Democrats. I have no problem with that. And they should have no problem with the fact that I'm a Republican.

Us: Do you think that some people might have taken issue with the fact that you were a young female supporting a party that had not proven itself to be particularly pro-woman?

Shannen: I don't think that the Republican Party is against women. I don't know how George Bush personally feels on abortion. I have some idea and, from what I understand, he isn't really opposed to abortion. However, the Republican platform was and therefore he had to conform to what they wanted.

Us: So you're saying you're pro-choice?

Shannen: I would say I'm pro-choice only because I don't feel that it's right that anybody in this world puts restrictions on anyone, whether it be a woman or a man. I think some people are somewhat worried, because abortion is legal, it's so easy. It's just like, "Oh, it's no big deal because I can just go get an abortion." That's not really being a very responsible person. But I don't think that choice should be take away from anybody. I'm definitely pre-choice.

Us: In a readers poll in a recent issue of Sassy magazine, you beat our Roseanne Arnold and Tori Spelling as "TV Actress Whose Inner Child Is Most Wounded." What do you think this award says about who they think you are?

Shannen: I have absolutely no idea. My inner child is not wounded.

Us: Wait. I'm not sure you understand the term correctly. The definition of an inner child might be that everyone has a public self and a true authentic self, which is still inside of us, that was developed when we were a child.

Shannen: Then maybe it's true. If there is such a thing as an inner child, I don't see how anybody could have so much bad press and not have their inner child wounded. but I had a wonderful childhood. My parents were a dream to me.
shannendrules3

Postby shannendrules3 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:12 pm

Us: What approach do you use to slough off bad press?

Shannen: I think you're constantly telling yourself you'll ignore it, you'll let it roll off you back, you won't let it affect you - but it does. You read stuff about yourself and you just think, "My God, where are these people coming up with these things? And why am I the one that they're picking on, all of a sudden? Out of all people, why me?" I'm the person who stops and gives any homeless person any money that they want. So it does affect you, but you just have to keep believing in yourself, I guess.

Us: Why should we like you?

Shannen: I'm not saying that anybody should like me. Everybody is more that welcome to have their own opinion. All I'm saying is give me a chance before you form that opinion. [pause] It sounds really weird to give you a list of why people should like me. Like tootin' you own horn. I could tell you what my good qualities are. There's my honesty; I have a very wacky, kind of dry humor that a lot of people don't get to see; I'm the best friend a person could ever have; I'm very compassionate; I try and help people out as much as possible; I really care about this world, about the people in it, and I just want what's best for everyone; I take on absolutely everybody's problems and take care of everyone - I have a very maternal side. I'm basically a very normal, down-to-earth person, and if people meet me, they agree. They're like, "Wow, you're nothing like people say you are...."

Us: What is the most ridiculous thing you've read about yourself?

Shannen: That I'm an alcoholic is completely ridiculous. There's so many things, I don't know where to start. I've had so much happen that it's hard to trust people.

Us: There's something that's been bothering me throughout our conversation, and that is the assigning of blame to other people. How responsible do you feel for what has happened to you? Be numerically specific.

Shannen: I probably feel fifteen percent responsible. In my first year on the show - which was two-and-a-half years ago - I was overwhelmed by so much responsibility and pressure that I didn't handle things in a very diplomatic manner. I took everything to heart. That hasn't happened since the first year of the show, and it's just now coming back to me. I've learned to be very diplomatic. Now it's just like a tidal wave. It's people either needing money, so the sell stories to the Enquirer, or they're jealous of me so they sell stories, or people must making up bullshit. So it is just a tidal wave of things happening and happening and happening that I don't reel very responsible for.

Us: What's the biggest lesson that you've learned?

Shannen: To... be... very... clear. To be diplomatic, and to be very careful. there is so much focus on you that you can't just do and say whatever you feel. You have to watch everything that you do and everything that you say.

Us: Have you learned to apologize?

Shannen: Yeah, I would. If that means quit acting, no. If it means staying home, better believe it! I'll lock myself in my house for a little slack.

Us: Do you feel the tide is turning for or against you at this point?

Shannen: Probably against.

Us: You think it's going to get worse?

Shannen: I don't know how much worse it can get.

Us: What were some of your New Year's resolutions?

Shannen: Quit smoking. [takes a drag] Going real well. Get healthy. [pauses] And somehow turn this thing around.

by Margy Rochlin for US Magazine
shannendrules3

Postby shannendrules3 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:15 pm

One more thing:

Shannen says she helps people on the street, by giving them money. Well, I also found something about that from a differnt article.

Here it is:

"On Tuesday night, Doherty and Andrew Levitas met Stacey Bendet and Jason Pomeranc at Nobu for dinner. During a smoke break, Doherty handed a girl on the sidewalk a $100 bill 'because she thought she was homeless', our spy said", New York Post (Page Six gossip column), Dec. 24, '03

Shannen, if anything on here is not true, then I am so sorry. I know you hate rumors, and I am not one to spread them. I found them on on the internet, so I am not sure how trusty they can be. but, it seemed like an US article, so I posted it. It also clears some stuff that was not good, about you. Do you remember doing this?

xoxoxo
Kate
shannendrules3

Postby mebcharmed » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:10 pm

those are great. I have only seen one of those before.

Thanks
mebcharmed
New Shannen Fan

Postby killingheidi » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:55 am

aint the girl a sweetheart then?

was the girl really homeless though??
i am broke shay can i have a hudred bucks too lolol

that bonita girl got pushed around before i think before she got shay, leo dicaprio helped her, i wonder if she bulled about that too

and how mean for shay to get booed!!! poor love
killingheidi

Postby kaz » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:48 pm

thanks Image
kaz
New Shannen Fan

Postby shannendrules3 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:05 am

shannendrules3