[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Shannen appearing on North Shore

Shannen appearing on North Shore

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Postby shannenfan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:31 pm

here another article i found

Fox is hoping to make Mondays a bitch again.

Net has signed former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star Shannen Doherty (news) to join the cast of its Monday sudser "North Shore." Starting with the Sept. 20 episode, she'll play Alexandra Hudson, the bitchy -- er, "ambitious" -- long-lost sister of series star Brooke Burns (news).

By recruiting Doherty, net clearly is pulling a Heather -- that is, recruiting a familiar face to play a diva-like character in a bid to add some spark to a struggling first-year serial. Formula worked like a charm when Heather Locklear started appearing as a "very special guest star" midway through the first year of Fox's "Melrose Place."

Plan was so successful, Fox ultimately began promoting its Monday lineup with the tagline "Mondays are a bitch."

Doherty, who was last a series regular on "Charmed," has signed on for a three-episode arc of the Hawaii-based sudser, with an option to become a series regular if Fox greenlights additional episodes of the show. Net has ordered three backup scripts on top of the show's initial 13-seg order; a decision on filming more will be made early next month.

Reached at home while packing for Hawaii, Doherty said she's flattered by the Locklear mentions.

"The comparison to Heather has been brought up to me," she said. "It's great to be compared to her. I'm lucky because I have a really loyal fan base and I hope they come over."

Doherty said she doesn't want her new character to be a run-of-the-mill diva, however.

"We're still fleshing her out ... (but) I think Alexandra has a lot of vulnerability," she said. "She grew up knowing her dad was alive and that he knew she was alive, yet wanted nothing to do with her. I'm sure she has some daddy issues."

Fox exec VP Craig Erwich said he viewed Doherty's joining "North Shore" as "an event."

"Our viewers still have an attachment to her," he said. "To the extent that 'North Shore' is a serialized drama, Shannen's one of the best players for that (genre). The producers have already been giving us really promotable episodes, and this is another (thing) to get noticed with."

Doherty's last TV gig was hosting the Sci Fi Channel reality skein "Scare Tactics." She had been developing a skein with Gavin Polone's Pariah; she said that project "will be pushed back to 2006."

"North Shore," from 20th Century Fox TV, is exec produced by Chris Brancato and Bert Salke.

Site: www.fox.com/northshore/
shannenfan
Shannen Wanna Be

Postby greybeard » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:23 am

That's great news, and since it's really close to my birthday, I could'nt ask for a better present. I've never watched the show either, but I will now. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
greybeard
New Shannen Fan

Postby primalprue » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:44 pm

Already heard about it but cant wait to see her 3-episode arc on the show. Fox is already promoting the show saying she will be appearing. It would be great if she decided to become a regular.

But if you think about it, the funny thing is that she will be playing a long lost sister......
Last edited by primalprue on Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primalprue
New Shannen Fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:46 pm

That would be nice, but she other shows in works right now.

Love and Hugs

Kristin
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby snflower » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:59 pm

snflower
New Shannen Fan

Postby wallyhorse » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:40 am

To all:

I was surprised to hear this myself since everything I had heard before this had suggested that she was too busy developing her own sitcom that is supposed to debut on NBC a year from now and also producing another program. The only program I thought we had any chance to see Shannen on as a regular this season would have been new Law & Order spinoff Trial By Jury, since that will be filmed in New York (where I believe Shannen has been living of late) and because it will have rotating casts, Shannen would only have to do a few episodes a season (and if filming schedules didn't overlap, I could still see her do "TBJ" in addition to North Shore because of that).

It will be interesting to me how much of a bump in the ratings Shannen brings North Shore. I have felt had she joined either Law & Order or spinoff Special Victims Unit, either show would be looking at a half-to-one point bump because of her fans.

Had we known Shannen was available at all, if I were "L & O" creator D*ck Wolf, I would have seriously asked Shannen about being the replacement for Elisabeth Rohm on the original series as the Assistant District Attorney (for those who don't know, Elisabeth is leaving "L & O" after the 13th episode of this coming season, so if "NS" doesn't come back, there could still be a possibility of Shannen replacing Elisabeth since whoever does won't film her first episode until probably sometime in January).
wallyhorse
New Shannen Fan

Postby Kristin Marie » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:44 pm

Wally, I know you want Shannen to go on L & O, but she told us that she's isn't doing it

Please on the behalf of my members, Dianna and Shannen, please drop this.

IF this disscusion of the show again and you wanting her on it, the thread will get removed.

We are all getting pretty tired of listening to this

Love and Hugs

Kristin
Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Postby wallyhorse » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:43 am

Kristin:

My last post had more to do with everything I had read based on Shannen's new sitcom still being in development (for airing in the 2005-'06 season as of now) and the additional show she is supposed to be producing. In this case, ANY show based and filmed in the New York metro area seemed like a much more logical spot based on that.

Anyway, it looks like Shannen's gig may be more than three episodes on North Shore, as according to Monday's New York Daily News, FOX has picked up "NS" for the full season. You can see the article concerning this at:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ent_radio/story/222424p-191129c.html

(scroll down to the very end of the article, it's a brief blurb there).
wallyhorse
New Shannen Fan

Postby monstervsangels » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:20 am

I wonder how long Shannen will sign on for, her usual 3yrs or series by series depending on it being picked up each year?

I wish it was aired in the UK!!! Image
monstervsangels
Shannen Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Shannen News