[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Review of Catagory 7

Review of Catagory 7

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Review of Catagory 7

Postby amymae » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:30 pm

TV REVIEW: 'Category 7' much better than expected
By DAVE MASON, Scripps Howard News Service
Last Updated: November 2, 2005, 07:53:00 AM PST

(SH) - Stand back. The Eiffel Tower is about to fall down.
"Category 7: The End of the World" begins with the typical disaster melodrama that has become a TV trademark. No one seems safe as storms merge and smash major cities and famous landmarks.

Fortunately, there's more to "Category 7" than that. If you fast-forward through the disasters, you'll find an entertaining, even multi-layered, two-part miniseries about heroes. "Category 7" airs at 9 p.m. ET/PT Sunday and Nov. 13 on CBS.

The miniseries is no Emmy winner. And star Gina Gershon is effective, but not especially compelling as new Federal Emergency Management Agency leader Judith Carr, who's determined to save the world.

But when Randy Quaid arrives, the miniseries becomes a fun, fast ride, and when the subplots kick in "Category 7" becomes an intricate puzzle with surprises.

"Category 7" is a much better miniseries than the one that preceded it, last season's ratings blockbuster "Category 6: The Day of Destruction."

The credit goes to writers Christian Ford and Roger Soffer, and actors Quaid, Shannen Doherty, Tom Skerritt, James Brolin, Swoosie Kurtz and Robert Wagner.

Quaid reprises his role of eccentric storm chaser Tommy Tornado from "Category 6: Day of Destruction."

Wasn't he carried off by a twister in that miniseries? Well, as Quaid proves, this crazy yet insightful character is too good to kill.

Quaid and Doherty, who plays scientist Faith Clavell, team up for some of the most dramatic scenes, and Skerritt, is brilliant as he uses his understated, honest approach to emphasize the courage of his character, Col. Mike Davis.

Brolin and Kurtz are intriguing as an evangelical couple who differ on how to react to the storms. Brolin's Donny Hall wants to inspire people to turn to God and rise above their fear of nature. Kurtz's Penny Hall sees the storms as a way of creating the fear needed to get new converts for their ministry.

Such character conflicts, along with personality quirks, makes "Category 7" fairly entertaining - despite its melodramatic destruction scenes
link: http://www.modbee.com/24hour/entertainment/tv/reviews/story/2863495p-11524693c.html

amy-mae
amymae
Shannen Wanna Be

Review of Catagory 7

Postby kt73 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:03 pm

kt73
Very Important Shannen Fan

Review of Catagory 7

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:34 pm

i cant wait to see this Image
Sarah-Lucy

Review of Catagory 7

Postby Linz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:09 am

CooL! Can't wait to watch it! Image
Linz

Review of Catagory 7

Postby sarahconnor » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:15 am

Great review!
sarahconnor

Review of Catagory 7

Postby shaed412 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:22 am

I told my mom not to schedule me at night these next two sundays, cuz I never work nites on the weekends...and so she did...lol...but thankfully I was able to switch the schedule around before anyone got to really see it...having your mom as your boss has it's advantages....lol...cant wait now...God Bless!!!
shaed412

Review of Catagory 7

Postby sarahconnor » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:48 am

Give Shannen an Emmy! Image
sarahconnor

Review of Catagory 7

Postby Dianna » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:54 am

Glad to read it got a good review. Can't wait to see this! Image
Dianna
Site Admin

Review of Catagory 7

Postby shannen46 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:52 pm

Emmy, Emmy, Emmy Image Shannnen deserves. Oh, I cannot wait for watching it! Image
<<What you resist, persists>>
Shannen, thanks for being so authentic!
shannen46

Review of Catagory 7

Postby prue92 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:34 pm

i can´t wait to see this but it will come in germany much later then in the us Image
prue92
New Shannen Fan

Next

Return to Shannen News