[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Photos

Photos

You will find all the latest news on Shannen here! so what are you waiting for?

Photos

Postby kellyloveshannen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:44 pm

I Hate Papparazzi there so Image ImagePeep peep peep !! Image
kellyloveshannen
Very Important Shannen Fan

Photos

Postby lover » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:35 pm

yepppppppp arrrrrrrrrrr i hate them too Image
lover

Photos

Postby cshannen » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:27 pm

sorry I didn't know Matt
cshannen
Shannen Wanna Be

Photos

Postby pennylane2 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:08 pm

As a person who has seen both sides of this, having been a buyer of tabloids in my time, but also worked for some high profile people I have to come to this opinion of the paparazzi...

Celebrities need the paps as much as the paps need the celebs. If an actor/singer/model etc is not working then people forget about them, so it doesn't hurt for a pic to be in a magazine occasionally.

I agree they shouldn't be hounded, like when paps hide in stars bushes outside their houses etc and right now I feel sorry for Jennifer Aniston right now, as there are a hundred camera's following her all the time.

But I think it's good for people, especially young impressionable people, to see celebrities doing 'normal' everyday things. For some reason in the western world celebrities are put on a pedal stool and aspired to and it's often not for good reasons or healthy.
So much pressure is put on teenagers particularly, to be wearing the right clothes, jewellery, to look perfect were do you think this starts from? So if the celebs are shown with scruffy hair and just down the shop picking up some milk, then it helps bring people back down to earth.

I think unless you have never brought a tabloid newspaper or magazine or watched e channel or mtv then you really can't criticize the paparazzi, at the end of the day they are doing a job, as are the celebs, but it's us the public who feed it all. If you think it's so awful that there are pictures of Shannen at McDonalds then don't buy the national enquirer, heat magazine, or any other type of media.... But my guess is you do, were all guilty of it, even Shannen buys them.

Its fine if you want to make a rule of no pap pictures, that is the board’s decision, I just don't agree with it. The pictures are out there and they will be posted on other forums and sites.
Anyway just wanted to post my opinion I'm sure the moderators will not agree with me, I wouldn't be surprised if my post is even edited.... Image
pennylane2
New Shannen Fan

Photos

Postby lover » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:37 pm

i'm not a moderator(and i don't think they'll edit your post)...but i don't agree at all!!!the paparazzi needs the stars...the stars don't need them...every little thing shannen does the paparzzi take place...why do they have to photo her shoping or eating??WHY??can't she just eat in peace??is it too much to ask??it's her life!!!!
and the entire world doesn't have to know about that!!!
i hate the paparazzi!!!yeah,we can find the pics in other sites but it doesn't matter!as her fans...we should respect her private life...and what she eats/buys it's her private life!!!!
Last edited by lover on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lover

Photos

Postby alwaysastar » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:42 pm

I completely agree with you there lover. I think that you cant generalise to just the moderators not agreeing with you. We have to respect Shannen's wishes without exception, End Of Story.
alwaysastar

Photos

Postby shannenbigtimefan » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:46 pm

Last edited by anonymous on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shannenbigtimefan

Photos

Postby pennylane2 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:48 pm

Right So I assume then that you have never brought, national enquirer, heat, now, new, people, magazines? And you have never watched e channel? Cos otherwise you’re being hypocritical.
And if you don't believe the stars need the paparazzi then you’re sincerely naive about the industry.
pennylane2
New Shannen Fan

Photos

Postby alwaysastar » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:53 pm

this is getting out of hand we were commenting on it being on this site. Yes you can find it on other sites if thats what you want to see. Not here because we are respecting shannens wishes. thats it. I dont think we should turn this into an argument. Image
alwaysastar

Photos

Postby pennylane2 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:56 pm

I am not arguing. Just everyone is having a go at the paps and I think that it is unfair so shared my opionon as everyone else has done. Image
I DO go to other sites as well.
Last edited by pennylane2 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pennylane2
New Shannen Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Shannen News