VEGANISM!

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

VEGANISM!

Postby Linz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 am

Hey guys!!!

I have been doing a lot of reading. I am a bit of a health nut and I like to read about nutrition and different things. I am also a fitness guru, love to work out. Anyway... lately I haven been thinking about veganism. I have been feeling bad and low on energy when I eat animal products. Also, I went to a doctor a few years ago and he told me that my body has trouble digesting protein. This was determined by a blood test I took from him. So, I have been thinking about becoming vegan. I have experimented with this before, but I am considering switching over completely! For anyone who does not know..... vegans do not consume any animal products. Their main sources of protein are beans, lentils, tempeh, tofu, soybeans, etc.

I am curious to know if any of you have tried this and how it went for you? I did it for a few weeks and I felt really good. But, when I started running 10 miles, I felt that I needed more protein, like from fish. I am already a vegetarian, I do not like meat personally. Image Anyway, would love to hear your stories!

Thanks!

Lindsay
Linz
Very Important Shannen Fan

VEGANISM!

Postby dustpuppy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:10 am

You'd better take a close look at the problems that soy can cause. It ain't all the soy industry claims.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

VEGANISM!

Postby Linz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Yes.... that's where my dilemma is. Soy. And I am having moral dilemma... after learning about factory farming, I really do not want to support that. But.... I always buy organic dairy products and stuff. Image I will check that site out! Thanks! Image
Linz

VEGANISM!

Postby kido » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:40 pm

oh you so strong i wish someday can become a vegan!
Stick to you guns!
kido
Shannen Fanatic

VEGANISM!

Postby mihacv » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

i would but dont like vegetbles much so i dont know how would i survive Image Image
mihacv

VEGANISM!

Postby mihacv » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:56 pm

hahaha yes i know thats the problem Image
mihacv

VEGANISM!

Postby Linz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 am

Hahah thanks! It does take some willpower to forgo some of the delicious animal products. I really like plain organic yogurt! And sushi and all fish and seafood. LOL. I am just kind of leaning into it and making more conscious decisions about what I am eating. I feel bad for the animals. Image I LOVE vegetables! LOL. How can you not like vegetables? I guess, I grew up with a garden and was always helping my Mom and Dad pick veggies and eating them raw. LOL. So, I just have always loved them! Image Vegans eat beans and tofu and whole grains and fruits. Many other things besides veggies, so you could possibly survive. haha!
Linz

Return to Coffee House