Anyone here have a Nintendo Wii?

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Postby Dianna » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 pm

I was just wondering who here has a Nintendo Wii? If so, we can exchange codes and get free games.

If you have Mario Kart we could even race each other! Image
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby Dianna » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:18 pm

chucklemagne wrote:What's this about free games? Image

Since you have already set up your online connection, we can't get free games. If you register someones Wii number who hasn't registered and they add yours, you both get a free game of your choice from the shopping channel Image I did it with my sisters Wii and got an old NES Mario game I used to play as a kid Image I finally completed it too! It's good because they can be saved, where as on the old system they were too long and didn't have save functions.

Everyone tells me to just get the homebrew channel and just get all the free games I want by that, as well as making it region 0 and the ability to play dvds. I looks like it wouldn't be hard but I'm not chancing it as it might get bricked.
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby Dianna » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 pm

chucklemagne wrote:^^^ Yeah, I'm also concerned about system updates not playing nicely with things like homebrew. Which is kind of sad, but frankly I don't spend enough time playing video games these days to sweat it.

We should try to hook up again sometime, now that I think both our lives are at least a little less busy. Have you found any other games that can be played across the network that are as fun as Mario Kart? Nice to have some variety. Image

Are you running 4.2? I think you can disable updates but I think if you run homebrew they might try and force an update in future if you connect to WFC which is also my concern. If I was still running 3.4 I could have added games via the SD card! I found free game downloads but they are only useful for people with homebrew now.

We can play Mario Kart anytime! I am on there even more than ever now lol. I don't know of any other games that can be played on WFC which are fun. If you find any let me know!
Dianna
Site Admin

Return to Coffee House