Do you have a Bucket List?

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Postby dustpuppy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 am

lover wrote:I'll reply to one of your PMs soon, I promise!

Нуфрб ыгкую

Crap, wrong keyboard.

That was supposed to say, "Yeah, sure". Image

Or; Да уверен
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Postby lover » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Inspired.By.Shannen wrote:I think that was my time to enter Image

Haha, I'm not laughing at you, Craig does! Image and you're dealing with it very well, mind you.

Dustpuppy wrote:That was supposed to say, "Yeah, sure". Image

Or; Äà óâåðåí

Since when do you speak and write Russian? I always end up replying to one of your PM's, somehow it's never the one you wanted Image.

lover
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby laurajaybee » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Dustpuppy wrote:Speaking of weird...

Speaking of SHUT UP Image
laurajaybee

Postby dustpuppy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:07 am

lover wrote:Since when do you speak and write Russian? I always end up replying to one of your PM's, somehow it's never the one you wanted Image.

I've studied Russian, off and on, for years. I'm only minimally conversant. My reading in Russian is is pretty good. I'm just starting the writing part. Really all I need after that is to increase my vocabulary.

It's pretty easy to learn to read and write in Russian, compared to English. The Cyrillic alphabet makes a lot more sense. It makes the spelling a no brainer. English spelling is beyond idiotic.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Postby dustpuppy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:11 am

Inspired.By.Shannen wrote:Speaking of SHUT UP Image

dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Postby lover » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Dustpuppy wrote:I've studied Russian, off and on, for years. I'm only minimally conversant. My reading in Russian is is pretty good. I'm just starting the writing part. Really all I need after that is to increase my vocabulary.

It's pretty easy to learn to read and write in Russian, compared to English. The Cyrillic alphabet makes a lot more sense. It makes the spelling a no brainer. English spelling is beyond idiotic.

Really? From what I heard, Russian is a pretty hard language to study. I don't know, I've always been more into Latin langauges and the wonders of the ABC, but it looks complicated enough. What's wrong with English spelling? You haven't seen Hebrew spelling, I'll show you idiotic! My mother has been living here for over 30 years and she still can't write properly.

LOL where did you get that smilie from? It's brilliant!
lover

Postby laurajaybee » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Dustpuppy wrote:Image

I'm hoping he loves me really, but it's at times like these I doubt it! Image
laurajaybee

Postby EricMix » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:17 pm

lover wrote:Those places are far more interesting than another gallery at Florence, the heat of Venice and the shops in Milan.
Yes Venice is very beautiful Image

lover wrote:Oh, get into a pizzeria and watch some football (as in soccer) with Italians, that really is an experience.
Sorry.. but I prefer get into mcdonald's or burger king.. I love american for this Image

lover wrote:However, the Germans in Garda weren't that bad at it.
yes.. is their preferred place.

lover wrote:I disagree- for some reason I find Italian quite difficult.
difficult Image is the only language that is read as you write.

lover wrote:What would you suggest me to see there?
Mmm.. the best is upper city (bergamo alta), is old city and is very nice. Look this photo.
Funicolar: http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/20542427.jpg
Old Square: http://www.comune.bergamo.it/servizi/gestionedocumentale/visualizzadocumento.aspx?ID=4008
Bergamo alta at night: http://www.italyguide.com/ACCOGLIE/HOTEL/bergamo.jpg
One doors (total is four): http://images5.fotoalbum.virgilio.it/v/www1-5/184/184405/372011/IMG_0777-vi.jpg
From upper city, you can view lower city at night: http://www.antomarco.com/foto/bergamo.jpg

EricMix

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:22 am

lover wrote:Really? From what I heard, Russian is a pretty hard language to study. I don't know, I've always been more into Latin langauges and the wonders of the ABC, but it looks complicated enough. What's wrong with English spelling? You haven't seen Hebrew spelling, I'll show you idiotic! My mother has been living here for over 30 years and she still can't write properly.

LOL where did you get that smilie from? It's brilliant!

I stole the smiley from another board.

Russian is simple, compared to English. The grammar rules are more relaxed, the spelling is easier because the Cyrillic alphabet actually makes sense, once you learn it. It's mostly one letter per sound and one sound per letter. Mostly.

I can only guess at the complexity of Hebrew but the reason for it is probably about the same. Both Hebrew and English are pretty much made up languages designed by committee, stealing words from a variety of other languages.

We have a saying that a camel is actually a horse that was designed by committee.

I'm surprised that anyone bothers with English, frankly. The more I am exposed to other languages, the more angry I get about all the time I wasted learning this overly complicated system we have. About the only place English has any advantage is that it doesn't have gender nouns, like a lot of other languages do.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:27 am

Inspired.By.Shannen wrote:I'm hoping he loves me really, but it's at times like these I doubt it! Image

ImageImage Love you long time, baby. Image
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House