Favourites...

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Favourites...

Postby DontFailMeNow » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:28 pm

1: Food- Pizza
2: Colour- Purple
3: Book- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
4. Movie- Clueless and Another Day
5: Tv show- Charmed
6: Cartoon- Pokemon
7: Drink- Lemonade
8: Band- Dashboard Confessional
9: Singer- Leann Rimes
10: Person- My sister (a fellow Shannen fan) SHANNEN! and my parents
11: Animal- Tiger
12: Poem- The Tide Rises, The Tide Falls by Longfellow
Image
User avatar
DontFailMeNow
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 2:36 pm
Location: Texas

Favourites...

Postby lover » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Thorn wrote:Oh geez! How could I forget The Raven?! I love Edgar Allen Poe!!


You can't forget Poe, let alone The Raven!! Bad, bad, bad Image.

Craig, Nickelback and Evanescence? I like them too but didn't think it was your style. But Shakira?! What the hell, man? Image
lover
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:20 pm
Location: Israel

Favourites...

Postby dustpuppy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 pm

lover wrote:Craig, Nickelback and Evanescence? I like them too but didn't think it was your style. But Shakira?! What the hell, man? Image


What's wrong with Shakira ? Those hips don't lie.

Plus the time I spent in Miami left me with a taste for Spanish rock.

Nickleback reminds me a bit of Fleetwood Mac, in that they have such a broad range of music and styles. From sappy love ballads to hard rock, to dance music, on occasion.

Some of Amy Lee's songs I like, some I can't stand. The ones I like, I really, really like. And she's a little hottie.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Favourites...

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Dustpuppy wrote:12. The night before Christmas... dirty version.


I dont get that :/

XOXO
LadyMacbeth
 

Favourites...

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:I dont get that :/

XOXO


You know the old story/poem: "Twas the Night Before Christmas" ?

For many years there have been various joke versions of it that are somewhat "R" rated. Image

Certain verses were altered in ways that I can't really explain on this board.

The only parts I can recall that are PG enough for this board are:

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, the whole darned family was drunk as a louse.

And

I ran to the window, quick as a flash, tripped on a broom and busted my ass.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Favourites...

Postby lover » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Dustpuppy wrote:What's wrong with Shakira ? Those hips don't lie.

Plus the time I spent in Miami left me with a taste for Spanish rock.

Nickleback reminds me a bit of Fleetwood Mac, in that they have such a broad range of music and styles. From sappy love ballads to hard rock, to dance music, on occasion.

Some of Amy Lee's songs I like, some I can't stand. The ones I like, I really, really like. And she's a little hottie.


LOL! Those hips don't lie, but her mouth can't sing! And she does NOT do rock music. Spanish rock music would be some songs of Juanes and Amaral, and a lot of Charly Garcia. My God, it's like saying the Spice Girls did rock music!

I totally agree about Nickelback, which songs of Amy do you like? I liked her a lot with Evanescence, before she got mad and fired everybody. Thing is she really sucks live, which is surprising considering she's a good singer. Oh and she really is hot indeed.
lover
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:20 pm
Location: Israel

Favourites...

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:06 pm

lover wrote:LOL! Those hips don't lie, but her mouth can't sing! And she does NOT do rock music. Spanish rock music would be some songs of Juanes and Amaral, and a lot of Charly Garcia. My God, it's like saying the Spice Girls did rock music!

I totally agree about Nickelback, which songs of Amy do you like? I liked her a lot with Evanescence, before she got mad and fired everybody. Thing is she really sucks live, which is surprising considering she's a good singer. Oh and she really is hot indeed.


A lot of Shakira's more rock oriented stuff didn't make the top ten. Some of them are in Spanish, as well. Plus the Spanish rock I came of age on was more like Gloria Estefan and Valejo. Let's not forget that "Objection" contained one of the most classic of all guitar rifts. The "flame singer" version of "Back in Black" was kinda cool, too.

And Shakira has a different voice but so did Stevie Nicks. I like both of them. Considering what's currently available in American music, it's nice to hear something that isn't a cookie cutter version of everything else.

With Amy: Bring me back to life, Lithium, When you're sober... a few others. There was another that was more of a ballad, that I liked. Ballads aren't my thing, as a rule, but it was nice.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Favourites...

Postby lover » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Every singer includes some rock parts in their music, especially with drums. It doesn't mean they do rock music, if we're going your way then every music ever made is rock music. Look for Spanish Rock online, no self respecting site about it would include Shakira.

Different voice is nice, but she just can't sing. Britney Spears' voice is also different, doesn't mean she should've ever started singing. Different doesn't necessarily mean good. By the way, I like some of Shakira's songs, I enjoy them and I sing them to myself from time to time. But to say she has a good voice and that she does rock music is an insult to our intelligence.

Actually one of Amy's best song is a piano ballad called Hello, and another good song of hers is You. If ballads aren't your thing you might not like them, but they're worth it in my opinion. I'm a big fan of ballads, which is obvious considering that my favourite singer is the queen of ballads. I personally think every good album should have around 3 ballads to make it complete, but that's just me.
lover
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:20 pm
Location: Israel

Favourites...

Postby dustpuppy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 am

lover wrote:Look for Spanish Rock online, no self respecting site about it would include Shakira.

Different voice is nice, but she just can't sing. Britney Spears' voice is also different, doesn't mean she should've ever started singing. Different doesn't necessarily mean good. By the way, I like some of Shakira's songs, I enjoy them and I sing them to myself from time to time. But to say she has a good voice and that she does rock music is an insult to our intelligence.



Seldom right and wrong again, Steve.

http://www.rockero.com/artists/shakira/biography/

Considering that she's the only Latin artist to win a European MTV award, not to mention a rather impressive list of award wins and nominations from the Grammies(2wins), Latin Grammies(7wins), ALMA, MTV, VH1 and a few others... it seems your opinion in the minority. Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakira

I'm guessing that part of what you don't like about her voice is the sygyt type thing she does. Oddly it's part of what I like. Generally the Tuvans have to train for around 40 years to perfect it. She does it naturally. She also has a bit of that Celtic keening type thing, going on.

Oddly, I saw her a couple of years before I actually heard her music and totally dismissed her as a Britney knock off. When I actually heard her music, I didn't know who it was or I probably wouldn't have bothered to listen.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Favourites...

Postby thorn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:33 am

lover wrote:.

Actually one of Amy's best song is a piano ballad called Hello, and another good song of hers is You. If ballads aren't your thing you might not like them, but they're worth it in my opinion. I'm a big fan of ballads, which is obvious considering that my favourite singer is the queen of ballads. I personally think every good album should have around 3 ballads to make it complete, but that's just me.


Hello is actually one of my favorite songs by Amy Lee along with Good Enough. I love anything in which she features the Grand Piano.
thorn
Very Important Shannen Fan
 
Posts: 7520
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Anywhere

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron