I Got Some Bad News Too.... Not as Bad as Inspired

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Postby jewels313 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:56 am

Hey guys.. i while back i posted a thread back in June that i had scoliosis.. Well i finally got into the doctors today..
i have two curvatures in my spine and the degrees of the curves are large enough to where i have to have a brace. the Curve at the top is 34 degrees and if it got to a degree of 40 or more they have to do surgery.. but im not gonna hve surgery. and my lower curvature is present because my spine is trying to balance my body by in a sense even out my spine..
So next week i get my brace fitted.. and he said that i hve to wear it all day everyday unless i get in the shower, or if i hve sports.. but i hve to put it right back on afterwards.. and yes i hve to wear it to bed.. and he said its gonna b uncomfortable for the first few weeks till i adjust to it.. which sucks.. and i hve to wear it for about a year.. : (
so i just thought i would let you guys know.. and i give my luck to Inspired. By. Shannen. for her testing! : D
jewels313
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby laurajaybee » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:07 pm

That doesn't sound too good, Jewels, but I'm sure that you know that it's something that you have to do in order to make yourself better. Wearing a brace for a year is better than having to have surgery, and I'm sure it's something you will adjust to. So good luck with it, and make sure and let us know how you get on. I'm here for you too if you want to talk Image

And thanks for wishing me luck, I think I'm gonna need it

Xxxxxx
laurajaybee

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 pm

hugs Image i hope things work out for you.
Sarah-Lucy

Postby shannenfallenangel » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:14 am

Hope it all works out OK for ya, honey. Be brave. Image

shannenfallenangel

Return to Coffee House