[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Goodbye for a while...

Goodbye for a while...

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Goodbye for a while...

Postby dustpuppy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Yeah. The media blows everything out of proportion.

Remember mad cow disease?

To hear the reporters tell it, you'd have thought that people were falling over right and left with it. It was on the news every day for 3 or 4 years.

In actuality, as of Feb 2009 there had been a total of 164 people in England killed by it and 42 people in other countries, as per Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_cow

That's about 17 per year, for the 10 years we've been hearing about how horrible this epidemic was.

During the same period, around 1000 people were killed by lightning, in the U.S.. About 90 to 120 people a year die from lighning every year, in America: http://www.thunderstruk.com/facts2.htm

By the way, the worldwide anthrax epidemic that was on the news for about 3 years ? It killed 5 people.

Don't believe everything you hear on the 6 O'Clock news.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Goodbye for a while...

Postby laurajaybee » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:30 pm

H1N1 actually exhibits less severe symptoms than the common flu, in most cases, so I personally would rather get it now and get it over with. It really annoys me how much this has totally been blown out of proportion. Everyone is all "Omg, swine flu...", when really it's just the flu. I'm as more at risk than most people, and in my work we've had a fair few people coming in who have or are connected to people who have swine flu, and I'm still standing. Craig is right, with all of his examples. I couldn't have put it better myself, Poochie. Those are all the examples I use when people panic over it. It's.Just.The.Flu! But, yeah, better to get it now and gain some immunity before it mutates into something with more severe symptoms, I say.

Anyway, rant over. Feel better soon SP!

xxxxxx
laurajaybee
Very Important Shannen Fan

Goodbye for a while...

Postby dustpuppy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:54 pm

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Goodbye for a while...

Postby kdawg » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 pm

kdawg

Goodbye for a while...

Postby laurajaybee » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 pm

laurajaybee

Goodbye for a while...

Postby lover » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Last edited by lover on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lover

Goodbye for a while...

Postby laurajaybee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:05 pm

I know, I know. What on earth was I thinking? I'm so ashamed...

laurajaybee

Goodbye for a while...

Postby laurajaybee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:37 pm

^^ But this one appears to be dire though Image
laurajaybee

Goodbye for a while...

Postby kdawg » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Hey guys. I miss everyone terribly... Love buddy I'm sorry I haven't been on to encourage you or anything with what you're going through, as well as anything else that's probably happened during my absence... I think things are finally about to look up, but I still feel bad, and still miss my friends like crazy... I hope to talk to you guys again soon...

~Kendra
kdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House