[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Little Bit Of Bad News

Little Bit Of Bad News

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby laurajaybee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Okay, so some of you guys might remember that thread I had a while back, about how BH90210 helped me with some personal issues.

Well, today I went to the doctor for a totally different thing [[I have a sceptic toe, and it's sooooooo painful it makes me feel sick, so I got antibiotics]], but I decided to get the Doctor to check my lump out again.

After far too much poking and prodding, she started asking me all about my family history of cancer (there's none, btw), and stuff, and then said that she was going to refer me to the hospital.

So, get this - I have to go in to hospital and have a biopsy done on the lump, and then have an ultra sound as well, to check that I don't have cancer. And then, they might decide that they want to operate and remove it! Image

I think I just want some sympathy, Haha

Love you guys xxxxx
laurajaybee
Very Important Shannen Fan

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby shannifan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:26 pm

That´s terrible! I hope everything will be fine!!! *BIG HUGS* Image
shannifan

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby lover » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:34 pm

That's not funny, I'm afraid :/... Okay, you know my history and I think I can give you a bit more than sympathy to calm you down... Most people know I did some community service in a cancer's lab and that's not an easy process for the patients, but most of them really get more scared of the biopsy than the result. Are you referred to a biopsy or an FNA because they're a bit different. Anyway, most of our patients had benign tumors that they could live with for the rest of their lives without having to operate them.

A very good friend of mine has been through the same process and they decided to operate the benign tumor as a safety matter and she was really scared, but fortunately, it turned out okay and she's fine now. They found out it was bigger than what they'd thought and they said she was lucky they removed it on time or it would've been much harder to do it afterwards. She did that operation and she's now perfectly fine and it's behind her. The worst part is waiting as it usually takes ages until you get the biopsy but you can talk to your doctor and ask her what she thinks about it, usually when they say it's nothing it's exactly that.

Good luck with that, I know it sounds rather silly to say it but try not to panic. Think that in most cases these things turn out all right and most doctors are very sensitive about it and will give you every information that you need to calm you down. Let me know how it goes x.
lover

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby kdawg » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Aww man! *BIG HUGS* Just hang in there and try to stay calm. I'm sure it's nothing. Unfortunately cancer does run in my family, and I even had a scare myself when I was only 5. I'll be praying for you love buddy! *more hugs*
kdawg

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby dustpuppy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:30 am

All I can think to say is good luck. Image
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby laurajaybee » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey guys, thank you sooo much for all of your support. It honestly means so much Image

I love you guys xxxxx
laurajaybee

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby kdawg » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:32 am

kdawg

Little Bit Of Bad News

Postby laurajaybee » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:54 pm

My appointment is in less than 2 weeks :S
laurajaybee