[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - For you who read books

For you who read books

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

For you who read books

Postby dustpuppy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:57 am

New one on me.

Genre ?
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

For you who read books

Postby dustpuppy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Any particular era/time ?

Does she lean more towards Sherlock Holms/Miss Marples or more of the horror type ?

A good detective type novel set in a time/era I'm interested in would be well worth checking out.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

For you who read books

Postby hellfire » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:23 pm

sounds interesting, i mite look into getting my hands on a book and read it. need something new the read. Image

Hellfire.
hellfire
Very Important Shannen Fan

For you who read books

Postby lover » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:03 am

Never heard of her, sorry. Craig- go for Poe, he's the king of the genre, he practically invented it.
lover

For you who read books

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:37 am

dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

For you who read books

Postby lover » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:43 pm

"The Raven" is one of my favourite poems, I've been reading a lot of poetry this year at Uni and I just fell in love with this poem, it's so creepy! I've studied the whole metric system it has and it's amazing how well it fits, straight to the point. There's also a good Hebrew translation for it, with the same metric system (must've been really difficult) and it sounds great but very hard- no one uses these words nowadays. Mind you, no one really knows Hebrew nowadays!

Lol I never watch horror films as I get scared (I'm so girly sometimes) but I like horror books- they're not really scary and they keep you on the edge. I don't like detective type novels as there's usually no depth in them and it's not the type of novels I like reading. I enjoy a bit of Post Modernism for fun but I mostly like Modernism- a lot of plot, meaning, drama, crazy personalities and psychoanalysis.
lover

For you who read books

Postby dustpuppy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 am

^^^ Try Laurel K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series. Has all of the above and a few other things, too.

For me... I read a book several years ago that was sort of a detective/mystery set in ancient Rome.
Last edited by dustpuppy on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Return to Coffee House