stuck in a rut!

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

stuck in a rut!

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:05 pm

hi all,

i need some advice, latley iv been feeling so down. iv been hidding it well from the family they hav a lot going on right now and i dont feel i can berden them at the mo with my problems.

i feel so trapped and stuck in a rut. i dont know what the hell to do with myself.

as some of you may know, i didnt go to uni to study nursing, i realised at the last secound thats it's not for me. i did my fair share of nursing and caring for people when i worked at the nursing home for 7 years.

lately i got no get up and go in me. i been staying in my room in my pjs watching tv, and basically ignoring everyone. i dont have many friends and im kinda hurt about the ones i do have. (thats another matter)

today me and sophie had a huge fight, and that in its self is strange because we hardly ever fight. she said she was worried about me staying in my room watching tv all the time and not doing anything,and i...well i bit her head off.

she is right at the end of the day, but i went off on a brenda tantram... Image

what to do?

xoox Image
littlemissbad
Very Important Shannen Fan

stuck in a rut!

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:08 pm

I totally know how you feel sweetie because I've been doing that myself. You need to find someone you can talk to and maybe find something to do that will get you out a little. Volunteering can be fun and may help you figure out what you want to do. If you wanna talk you know I'm always here for you!

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

stuck in a rut!

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:12 pm

thanks sis, when i go to london in november i may look for a job up there.

iv never been to london, but i love big citys. xoox Image
littlemissbad

stuck in a rut!

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:14 pm

I'd love to book a gig that weekend but I have no contacts in London Image Hmm, feel like my lifes on hold waiting around for people to offer me gigs Image

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

stuck in a rut!

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:26 pm

iv been looking at hotels in london for november and man are they expensive.

xoox Image
littlemissbad

stuck in a rut!

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Do I need to busk while I'm there? Image

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

stuck in a rut!

Postby littlemissbad » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 pm

i think you may have too lol Image

xoox Image
littlemissbad

stuck in a rut!

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Why does Albuquerque sound so familiar? Image

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

stuck in a rut!

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Sometimes everything hits at once and you just need a break. Maybe that's all this is.

Sometimes, though just sitting around like that can snowball into full blown depression.

Chuck prolly had the right idea about shaking things up, either way. Go out and do something really crazy and stupid. You'd be amazed at how many problems melt away when faced with a good adrenalin rush. There's a 50/50 chance that you'll look like a fool for a month or two but you'll have a really neat story to tell for the next 40-60 years. Try hang gliding or sky diving, if you can work up the nerve. Or maybe just get on a really big roller coaster.

Also sounds like you might have some closure type issues with the friends that you had the falling out with. Go yell at them. Tell them exactly what you've been sitting around mumbling under your breath.

For what it's worth, I'm 46. About twice as old as most people on this board. When I look back at my life so far, it's mostly the things I didn't do that I regret. Most people that I know who are my age and older seem to feel the same way, whether they admit it or not, you can tell by talking to them.

The things you do, no matter how FSCK'd they turn out, leave you with interesting stories. The things ya don't leave you with regrets.

* puts away the soap box and stops rambling.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Next

Return to Coffee House