[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - I met a Romani

I met a Romani

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

I met a Romani

Postby dustpuppy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Gonna keep getting harder to get accurate info, too. As I recall, there were different bands, sort of like the Gaelic clans. Each with slightly different customs. And they've all been scattered to the four winds. Between Hitler and Stalin, most of the ones in Eastern Europe were wiped out. Just a wild guess, but I'd bet there are more of them in the U.S. than in Europe, at this point.

Maybe this woman can get you a sit down with a grandparent ?
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

I met a Romani

Postby dustpuppy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:59 pm

Yeah, their fears are well founded. I'd bet that if you could get an introduction, though...

Old folks love to talk but nobody wants to listen to *their* grandparents old stories... *again*. LOL

I used to work in a motorcycle shop on the Seminole Res. down in Florida. The old guys from the tribe loved to come tell all their stories to us, as we tended to be mesmerized by them. They'd clam up if someone they didn't know came around, though. After about the second time you'd meet them, you couldn't shut them up... not that we wanted to, mind you. Image
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

I met a Romani

Postby shannenzbitch » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:53 am

Chuckles, that is so awesome! Image I bet her grandparents have passed on a lot of their heritage to her. By the sounds of her reaction to you being aware of the correct word, I'd say that she'd probably be happy to share some of her family's history with you. Image Shaun actually found out from his grandma the other night that his grandpa was Romani. Image I got so excited; his grandma is going to tell us more about it on our next visit. Image

*squishy hugs*
shannenzbitch
Very Important Shannen Fan

I met a Romani

Postby shannenzbitch » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:35 pm

shannenzbitch
Very Important Shannen Fan

Return to Coffee House