[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Modern Conveniences ?

Modern Conveniences ?

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Modern Conveniences ?

Postby dustpuppy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:03 am

I was sitting at the computer, typing out silly nonsense to some folks on various message boards like this one. This, primarily due to the fact that I have no life. LOL

Suddenly I hear a beep. BEEEEP.

I look up. Look around. Don't know where it came from. <shrug>

Back to the computer. Few minutes later, BEEEEEP.

I get up, start looking around the place. Check the microwave, check the smoke detector... find nothing. Back to the computer.

Few minutes later... BEEEP. I decide it HAS to be something on the TV. I hit the mute button and go back to the computer. Wasn't really watching it anyway, since Chelsea Lately just went off.

Few minutes later... BEEEEP. Obviously it wasn't the TV... crap.

I get up, check the microwave again, hit the reset button. Check the coffee maker. It's off. Check the smoke detectors, they seem to be OK. Check the clock radio. Seems to be working.

30 minutes, 27 appliances and much frustration later; the beep finally happens when I'm looking in just the right direction. I'm hot on it's trail.

Slowly I creep forward. Taking up a baseball bat, along the way. Thought of murder, torture and dismemberment of the offending device bring a smile to my face. Ever the intrepid hunter, I stand motionless and wait, bat raised above my head. Patiently, I stand motionless, long moments creep by slowly.

BEEEEP. I lurch forward. Got the little bas____, now. The CELL PHONE. The battery is going dead. Just as I'm about to bring the bat down the the helpless wireless device, I recall the number of 100 dollar bills that it will take to replace it...

I plug the blasted thing into the charger and slink disgustedly back to the computer to write this silly story.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Modern Conveniences ?

Postby digitalghost » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:11 am

LMAO Image
digitalghost
Very Important Shannen Fan

Modern Conveniences ?

Postby marissalu415 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:05 pm

haha, that's funny. Image Cell phones are so annoying.
marissalu415
Very Important Shannen Fan

Modern Conveniences ?

Postby LadyMacbeth » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:19 pm

lol your little storys make me laugh lol

XOOX
LadyMacbeth

Modern Conveniences ?

Postby dustpuppy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:35 am

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

Return to Coffee House