[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - university-college

university-college

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

university-college

Postby lover » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Hey guys, had a random Uni thought and wanted to share.

I just handed in another paper at Uni, and like 4 days later I got an email saying we have another one! I got frustrated and talked to people who told me they wanted to slit tehir wrists for it (jokingly, of course). Anyway, I got into class and talked to this girl and said I saw it and thought I was losing my mind (again, jokingly). So she went: "there are wars in the world, people die and you lose your mind for that? You need to get some perspective". Hello?! I do live in Israel with you, you know, and I was hardly going to go to a mental hospital for a paper! Now I can stand stupidity... But even an idiot has to have a limit! I seriously don't get people at times.

lover
Very Important Shannen Fan

university-college

Postby misscruz17 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Oh, I'm definitely not artsy...
I'm doing an arts degree... but like a bachelor of arts, so "the arts" like media, print, film, acting, arty art isn't part of it. unless being able to BS your way thru things is an art?
But I'm in Human Rights and Criminal Justice Policy and Religion. So... not artsy.... ha
misscruz17
Shannen Wanna Be

university-college

Postby lover » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Hey guys, I have an exam on Monday that is one of the most important exams of the year, and I found some of the questions they asked in prior exams and thought they were taking the mick; (I'm translating these myself, that's as close as I could get)

1. Why does Mikhail Bakhtin want a "Sociological delivery doctrine"?
2. Shklovsky says: "Bringing the configuration to the consciousness by violating it, is the context of the Novel". What are the relationships between configuration and context?
3. How does the Structuralism base itself on De Saussure's Linguistic doctrine?
4. Compare 2 ideologies that deny the refrentiality of the language. (Between Marxism, Formalism, Psychoanalysis, Structuralism, Post Structuralism and The New Critics)- I'd go with Marxism, but don't know what else.
5. What is different and what is similar between the Formalism and the Structuralism?
6. Sklovskly said: "Habitualization devours works, clothes, furniture, one's wife, and the fear of war." Based on this saying, can we understand the Formalism as autonomous?

Can anyone please help me with these questions, at least with explaining to me what they want, because it's like Chinese to me. Thanks.
lover

university-college

Postby marissalu415 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:41 pm

^Glad i'm not the only one
marissalu415

university-college

Postby shannenzbitch » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 am

shannenzbitch

university-college