[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - university-college

university-college

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

university-college

Postby kris » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:40 am

Yay for the Arts.

I'm doing a Music Theatre degree at the moment, and absolutely love it - except for the fact that I'm in timetabled classes for about 19hours a week, which is way more than anyone else I know. It's intense, but we probably wouldn't get as much work done if it wasn't.
"People who claim they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us. It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. " — Gregory Maguire.
kris
Very Important Shannen Fan

university-college

Postby thefifthsister » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 am

Wow, that's a lot. I'm in timetabled classes but they are for about 10 or 11 hours. We're expected to do all the research for assignments ourselves with a little guidance.

*hugs*

xoxoxo Image
thefifthsister

university-college

Postby lover » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:21 pm

I'm doing 16 hours this semester and will be doing 20 the next one. That really isn't a lot, people have crazy timetables there, they have to quit several classes because they have others from their other major. they have like 30 hours per week.
lover

university-college

Postby shark » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:33 pm

I have like 60 hours per week, including classwork, field work and studying at home... not fair..!! but I love law school, wouldnt change it for the world
shark
Shannen Wanna Be

university-college

Postby alwaysastar » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:21 pm

alwaysastar

university-college

Postby lover » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Hey guys. Since we have this thread I thought I'd put something here I need help with. I have this article to read by Thursday about formality and Marxism, and I need to write a short essay about it. The article is in English and I found myself really confused, some of the words wouldn't even appear in the dictionary. Is there anyone who's a native English speaker that's willing to help? I'd be really grateful. It's called The Formalist School of Poetry and Marxism by Trotsky.
Last edited by lover on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lover

university-college

Postby lover » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:49 pm

It is indeed. No, they covered that. We are not allowed to use it because we're supposed to translate that ourselves and if you copy it, they wouldn't really like it to say the least. They want us to understand it in English because the terms we'll use will be in English and we "are in Uni and need to start getting used to the usage of English in everything we read and do".
Last edited by lover on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lover

university-college

Postby alwaysastar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:39 pm

If you still need you can PM me bits of it and i'll translate but no huge chunks please as am in the middle of a 5000 word essay myself. Image
alwaysastar

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House