[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - university-college

university-college

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:18 pm

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

university-college

Postby lover » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:04 pm

I see, so what's B+ and A+? Why do you guys have to make everything so difficult? What's wrong with using numbers, meters, kilometers, normal sizes, etc? You have no idea how confusing this is!

Lol that's not true, I can handle Spanish but I just don't get a word in French, their whole spelling and grammar give me a headache! In Spanish you have to learn some basic rules but what you see is what you get, in French you see a word and never know how to read it properly, unless you've learnt it for years!

lover
Very Important Shannen Fan

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

university-college

Postby laurajaybee » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 pm

laurajaybee

university-college

Postby shannenzbitch » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:15 pm

shannenzbitch

university-college

Postby lover » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Wait, Laura, what about D? That's so complicated, thank God everyone in Europe (besides the Brits!) use numbers and that's it... It's so easy- you can get a 0 which means you really suck (got one of those in Maths), a 100 which means you're probably the teacher's pet, 55 in high school and 60 in uni which means you've passed, and anything above 80 is considered a high grade. See how simple this is? Come on, no one in this world is as bad with numbers as I am, but this is just so ridiculously easy.
lover

university-college

Postby dustpuppy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 am

^^^ Here they just take the numbers and convert them to letters, with the scale I mentioned. I guess we've just always used this system and a lot of things are set up for it.

The only place that I can see where the letter grades might be better is with term papers and the like. Kinda hard to decide whether to give an essay an 85 or an 86. Just slap a "B" on it and go on.

As for the metric system; a couple of oil companies tried selling gasoline by the liter, a few years back. I think it lasted about a week. You can buy Pepsi by the liter, though.

Our government tried to make us all convert to the metric system back in the 70's. Most of the politicians pushing for that got voted out the very next election. They tried putting up metric road signs. Those lasted about 6 months. They made the car companies put metric speedometers in our cars. Nobody would buy them. They had to settle for teaching the metric system in schools and waiting for everyone who grew up with pounds, ounces and miles to die off. Or at least stop voting and buying things.
dustpuppy
Shannen Fanatic

university-college

Postby laurajaybee » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:51 pm

laurajaybee

university-college

Postby lover » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:02 pm

Erm, actually- what Craig said about it is right... 90 to 100 % is an "A". 80 to 89% is a "B". 70 to 79% is a "C". 60 to 69 % is a "D". Anything below 60 is an "F". That's the way we see it too.
lover

university-college

Postby laurajaybee » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:25 pm

Not so much here. I've been warped by the Scottish education system, I know Image

Puppy, you say anything untoward, I swear I'll wring your neck Image Image Image
laurajaybee

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House