Don't need to feel bad, we will cheer you up!

This is where you can have a general gossip about anything you want!

Postby honda200 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 pm

chucklemagne wrote:So, I met our new dentist last week, and he seems very nice. I had my first real appointment for an exam yesterday.
I was disappointed that they're not set up to use nitrous oxide in the room where the exam takes place. (There's a computer system for the exam that can't be moved into the room that's set up for nitrous). So that was harder for me than it could have been.
I have to have root planing done, which is terrifying, but not entirely surprising. This means four more visits for the procedure, and a followup exam a few weeks after that. For these nitrous won't be a problem, so that should be okay.

I think it could have been worse.

I like a lot of the modern methods they use, that's very reassuring for me. And I think when I see the progress that's being made it will help me a lot.
I'm trying to draw a line and have better dental habits from this point on. It's difficult for me because of the phobia.
I had a really bad dentist as a child. He had black-and-white photos of the history of dentistry hanging on the walls of his waiting room. That should give you some idea of the atmosphere he was trying to create. When you're five years old waiting to see the dentist, really the last thing you need to see is a photo of a man with his knee on a struggling cowboy's chest, pinning him down to yank his molars out with a pliers.
So pretty much as bad as you can imagine it was... you're probably not far off.
Again guy i can relate to childhood trumas at the dentst as i my brother and i used to complain about this destist we had as kids and my dad would be like ohh just suck it up he cant be that bad..

I remember being about 8 or 9 and haveing to have a tooth pulled ,he wanted to xray it first and you know those little rubber things they used to have you bite down on? they always made me gag i i remenber this time when he wanted to pull the tooth ,he practicly shoves it in my my ..i gag he gets anoyed and says rethather harshly ..can we do this right this time!? belive me i was in tears by this point and he hadnt even grabbed his pliyers yet ..

So like i siad i used to be teraifide to have to go ,my brother hated him as well even though he's 5 years older then me.

But your know i recall my dad haveing to go to this butcher we used to call him.and you know folks we got a new dentsit after that .. Image
honda200
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby laurajaybee » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:37 pm

^^ That doesn't sound good at all jean, poor you! At least you were eventually able to change dentists!

Your posts make me smile, and that's why I loves yah Image

I haven't really been around much lately, have you guys missed me?

Lauraaaaa
laurajaybee

Postby honda200 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 am

Inspired.By.Shannen wrote:^^ That doesn't sound good at all jean, poor you! At least you were eventually able to change dentists!

Your posts make me smile, and that's why I loves yah Image

I haven't really been around much lately, have you guys missed me?

Lauraaaaa
Aww gush gulliy gee reay?you do? i do? love ya too hunn,

And i have missed and wonder about you .iv nosted you seam to be a little scraes of late ..everything ok ?you ok ? Image
Last edited by honda200 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
honda200

Postby lover » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Inspired.By.Shannen wrote:I haven't really been around much lately, have you guys missed me?

Yes, you're not allowed to be gone that long, where'd you go? And check your PM's, you forgot to reply as per usual.
lover

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 pm

lover wrote:Yes, you're not allowed to be gone that long, where'd you go? And check your PM's, you forgot to reply as per usual.

i second that LOL. i am still waiting for u 2 return my PM Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm

that's awful chuckle, i feel so vexed for you. Image

fingers crossed at this difficult time for you. lets hope your company informs you soon about what's happening. Image
Sarah-Lucy

Postby Sarah-Lucy » Sat May 01, 2010 6:01 pm

^ so who long is your job safe for then chucke?
Sarah-Lucy

PreviousNext

Return to Coffee House