[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Shannen-Doherty.net • View topic - Hi I'm Kaity :)

Hi I'm Kaity :)

Are you new to these message boards? Would you like to introduce yourself and find new friends? Click here and let us know more about you!

Hi I'm Kaity :)

Postby kaitylampman5 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:00 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Kaity. I am 21 years old and live in Provo, Utah. I go to school at BYU and I am majoring in Musical Performance for Piano and Minoring in Hebrew. I LOVE to do art. I love to draw. I am a big Disney fan and someday will own all of the Disney movies. Oswald is my favorite Disney character and I am sure most of you won't even know who he is :) he was Walt's first character before Mickey Mouse. I am a huge movie buff and love owning movies. I own more than 100. My three main categories I am working on completing is Disney, Tim Burton, and Shannen Doherty. I will own every single Disney movie created, every single Tim Burton film, and every single movie Shannen is in. My favorite Disney film is Frozen, my favorite Tim Burton film is Edward Scissorhands and my favorite Shannen Doherty film (excluding Charmed seasons 1-3) is Another Day.

Okay I'm really not that all exciting...

So let's talk about Shannen since everyone here likes her :) I first saw Shannen on Charmed much like all of you. My sister watched it before I even knew what it was and I asked her who they all were and she kinda gave me an intro to the series. But get this. She hates Prue... whom of course is my favorite. And no I am not being biased because Shannen plays her. I genuinely liked Prue even before I was a true Shannen Doherty fan.

Well after watching and obsessing over Charmed and crying over Prue dying and hating then loving Paige I broadened my views on Shannen and watched her other movies, me being a movie buff anyways. And I just fell in love with how amazing Shannen is. So then I did my research (because every fan looks up every detail on a star and tries to figure them out... yeah that's not weird at all right?) and I decided that I really liked Shannen.

Shannen is my idol and I look up to her in every way. And not just because I am *cough* *cough* obsessed with her (hey that's not nice to say about myself... but its probably true) but because Shannen just has this personality. This personality that I wish I had. She doesn't care what people think about her and she says what she wants to say. She stands tall in everything she does and isn't afraid to be herself and come out of her shell. She is truly a kind hearted person and although she has gone through some pretty hard life battles she has overcome them stronger than ever.

I am one of those people that others look through. I am someone who isn't the first person you see or hear in a room and often I am glanced over. And hey, I'm okay with that (most of the time). I don't often say what's on my mind and can't stick up for myself for the life of me. Which brought me to Shannen's book which to me has become a dictionary of life.

There was a time in my life when I lived with my best friend and her family. Most of her family were really nice however... her mother was not. For some reason she hated me. She DESPISED me. I quickly found myself in a verbally abusive situation I didn't know how to get out of. Every single day she would tell me that I was worthless. That I had no place in this world. That everyone hated me and that I shouldn't even be around. She would lock me in my room and pound on the door yelling and screaming at me calling me names. I was terrified to do or say anything. And sometimes when she was yelling at me I would think to myself "What would Shannen say if she was here with me? She wouldn't let her say those things" and "If Shannen was in my place this would never happen to her". I wanted to be strong like Shannen is. To be brave and to stand up for myself.

No happy ending there though. I ran away and never went back. But I read Shannen's book over and over again memorizing her words and vowing to someday be just like that. I told myself that I would never again let what happened to me happen again.

I am still learning and still nowhere near being anything like Shannen's book, but someday it will happen :) but ever since then I have admired Shannen so much. Shannen doesn't even know it but she saved my life. She saved this little girl who was afraid of the world and gave her the strength to get up and do something. She saved my life and taught me that I am worthwhile. I have written a letter to Shannen before and have almost sent it but never have. I don't know why I am afraid to talk to her and why I am afraid to tell her my story and why I truly admire her. I am going to see her in October though and know I won't have enough time with her to make her understand how truly grateful I am for her but in the least I want to thank her for helping me and thank her for showing the world who she is. For not being afraid to be herself and be strong enough to face the world head on. For in doing that herself, she taught me the same. And I just want to say thank you :)
kaitylampman5
New Shannen Fan

Re: Hi I'm Kaity :)

Postby teddybear32 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:13 pm

It's nice to have you here. Welcome :)
teddybear32
Very Important Shannen Fan

Re: Hi I'm Kaity :)

Postby Kristin Marie » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:09 am

Always Dream, no matter where, or when...Dream Big Or Small. Dreams is where the heart is.
Kristin Marie
Global Moderator

Return to Introductions