What to do for a phone in London?

Are you in need of help? Do you have a question about the boards or something in general? Come inside and post what you need answered!

Postby lover » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:41 am

Erm, I'm not sure about it, but I think you use an adapter, can't you? No idea where you should stay though.
lover
Very Important Shannen Fan

Postby Dianna » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Your phone might work here, mine does. It just connects to a different network.

You might be able to replace the sim card in your phone if it is unlocked and is pay as you go.

It depends on what you need to use the phone for. Calling home? texting? access to phone numbers?
Dianna
Site Admin

Postby lover » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:50 pm

actually, I think you're right. When I flew to the U.S with my family none of us could use our mobiles. There is a solution for it though- you go to your provider and they give you an alternative phone. We were 3 people with one mobile and no sense of direction, you can imagine how well it went! Image
lover

Postby jikraus » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:15 pm

My daughter went Europe last year. We have At&T. You can call your cell phone provider and ask them what they can do for you/provide while your in London.
We chose to buy a texting package, it worked out well.

If your in the States or where ever you may be. All cell phone companys will help you out.

I hope you have the time of your life in London.

JIKraus Image
jikraus

Postby lover » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:19 pm

What's the difference though? You won't be able to transfer your contacts to the new mobile with no SIM card (how can you not have it?). It'll be the same as getting another mobile at the U.S. However, if that's what you want, I'd try the airport or the Vodafone branches, they're everywhere!
lover

Next

Return to Need Help?